Author Topic: Depp Reference  (Read 518 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Depp Reference
« on: March 31, 2012, 08:08:42 AM »
There's been a lot of discussion lately about the movie "Bully" and that because some real kids use the F word, it's been given an R rating.  Everyone thinks that the teenagers are the ones who should see the movie, but they can't unless accompanied by an adult, which is extremely unlikely to happen!

Harvey Weinstein, co-chairman of the Weinstein Company, and Lee Hirsch, director of "Bully" were on with Piers Morgan tonight, and at one point they were mentioning lots of celebrities who are tweeting and making appearances, trying to get the rating changed.

In connection with that Weinstein said, "Johnny Depp is taking it personally. I tell you when Johnny Depp takes things personally, I would get more insurance at the MPAA."
Josette

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Re: Depp Reference
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 03:46:01 PM »
Thanks for this info, Josette.  I didn't see Piers Morgan, but I did know that Johnny was among many celebrities that added their names to Weinstein's appeal of the MPAA rating.  He ended up losing the appeal, and the film is going to be (or already has been) released unrated. 

While I didn't know about the comment regarding Johnny taking it personally, I'm not surprised.  Johnny has long been a spokesman for misfits and those who are not accepted by society.  He has said that he himself felt like a misfit in high school, so it seems that people being mistreated because they're different is a sore point for him.