Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0916  (Read 2143 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0916
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:50:00 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0916
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 05:58:59 AM »
I am a privileged person.  I have but to ask, and the writers grant my wish.  Yesterday I said I wanted to hear the breathing again, and today I got it.  One half of the breathing is quite growly, and could be waves, but the other half definitely sounds like breathing.

Oh dear, poor Julia hadn't a clue, as she blabbed her suspicions to Elizabeth, that Elizabeth too was involved with the antique shop plot, but now, after having her nose practically jammed in the box by Liz, she has to be wondering.  And she must have felt a certain professional pique when she heard that Liz had called in Dr. Reeves to look at Paul Stoddard.  I wonder if Julia will give Dr. Reeves a friendly doctor-to-doctor call and see what she can find out about what Liz told him.

Liz's Leviathan dream was "Don't worry, be happy," and Julia's was "Everything you always wanted to know about the box but Barnabas wouldn't tell you."  I wonder what Amy's was.  Maybe something to do with a big happy family.  Incidentally, if Julia had opened the box without having had her dream, back when Barnabas first had the box, what would have happened?

Barnabas isn't telling Liz about that Carolyn is a central part of the Leviathan plan, so he's probably assuming she won't go along.  Meanwhile he's making Liz do the dirty work on shutting up Julia because that's the part that he himself can't stomach.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 04:19:05 AM »
This must be the same Dr. Reeves from the pre-Barnabas episodes.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:57:08 PM »
I like it when an episode starts with a fresh scene.   Julia's hair is already too long, and there's no going back from here.   Julia should understand that Q is alive, therefore his portrait exists, and observing him not lycanthropize is unnecessary to prove that.   B hypnotizing Julia... Leviathans can do that?   Part of the dream-inducing process more than hypnosis I guess.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 09:14:26 AM »
"If It didn't defy all logic...!" Julia

LOL! Well Julia this is Collinsport "logic" is usually defied! I don't know what "she" was thinking!  Liz looks like a deer in headlights! 

Julia is on top of her game and I think that Grayson is enjoying playing the hero of this story.  It's nice to see a woman getting the job done!   

I love the exchange of barbs between these old friends as it's such a nice change and I would have liked to see it go one for longer.  I personally think one of the highlights from the Leviathan period is the strained relationship between B & J!

Grant Douglas is drunk! That is Quentin for sure!  No more proof needed!  David Selby is just so adorable.

It looks as if Julia has changed beds!  "I have to tell ya Dan the lightning footage is looking at bit scratchy but I know you're cheap so never mind!"  Love Taeylor ;)

I like the filter over the camera for the dream.  LOL “I don’t wanna see it! I don't wanna see it!” Grayson cracks me up.
Elizabitch gives me the creeps!  :SHIVER:
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 06:12:36 AM »
The portrait that fans call "Joshua" (although it shows up pre-1795) is back in its place above the liquor cabinet in the drawing room.  I think it's the only Collins portrait whose real subject has been identified-- this was posted by Guy Haines to the DS Newsgroup in 2000:
Look for it, it's in many episodes. It does indeed look like Joshua Collins with his long sideburns. I once asked Louis about this portrait and its resemblance to him and asked if he knew anything about it. He told me (he has a remarkable memory) that it was a portrait of the 19th century German composer, Wagner. Indeed it is, if you look at it closely.

I'd love to know what arrangements are made for Chris at Windcliff.  Do the employees receive instructions to lock him in and never open the door before morning no matter what sounds are heard?  When they release him, does the housekeeping staff complain about the mess?  What if the fire alarm goes off during the night?  And what if Chris doesn't change back?

Julia:  "If the painting was destroyed, Chris, and if Grant Douglas really is Quentin, then tonight he will go through the transformation. You see, if it doesn't happen, then that means Quentin's portrait is intact somewhere."
Chris:  "I still don't see what good it can possibly do for me."
I don't get what that has to do with Chris either!!

Julia should understand that Q is alive, therefore his portrait exists, and observing him not lycanthropize is unnecessary to prove that.
Thank you!!

B hypnotizing Julia... Leviathans can do that?   Part of the dream-inducing process more than hypnosis I guess.
Didn't he do the same thing to Amy?

Liz (after the Leviathan spell failed to make Julia open the box):  "What does it mean?"
Barnabas:  "There are certain people, Elizabeth, who are not able to absorb. It has to do with their genetic structure, and Julia Hoffman is one of them."
Then converting Sponge Bob should be no problem. [winkb]

Incidentally, if Julia had opened the box without having had her dream, back when Barnabas first had the box, what would have happened?
Michael would be calling her Mom?

I love everything you said, Taeylor.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 03:13:01 AM »
If only Julia had known how much of a fuss Barnabas had made about NOT wanting her harmed in defiance of Michael and the head Leviathan in the previous episode. [snow_wow]

She doesn't buy his sudden revived interest in Chris either, and neither do I, despite seeing the Leviathan ice melt from him a bit in the previous episode. Since Barnabas won't kill her...the only other option is to win her to their cause.

Julia has always been a strong-willed woman so I for one was not surprised she's one of those who can't be turned into a Leviathan slave. However, it looks more and more like, no matter how much Barnabas wants to avoid it, she may
well have to be done away with. [snow_cry]

The dream Barnabas inflicted on Julia was spooky, and seeing him touch her face, under different circumstances would have been touching, but it was strictly for notorious reasons and therefore spooky.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 08:23:53 AM »
Julia has always been a strong-willed woman so I for one was not surprised she's one of those who can't be turned into a Leviathan slave.
But I don't think that strength of will had anything to do with it.  If it did, then Barnabas should have been able to resist, too.  It was just genetics - the luck of the draw.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 06:24:13 PM »
Whatever was present in Julia's genetic code that made her resistant, apparently [spoiler]Maggie[/spoiler] had it too.  Maybe the Collinses should consider having children with these women?  [cheesyb]

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 07:10:31 PM »
There was a fanfic story on the JuliaList wherein it turned out a 16 year old Julia spent some time at the Passaic Home for UnWed mothers and her child was. . .no other than [spoiler]Maggie Evans[/spoiler]....thereby explaining that genetic tie.   [snow_bigglass]
Julia99

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 12:29:24 AM »
Sounds like a cool story Julia99!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 12:49:16 AM »
You mean Sam's wife might not have been Maggie's mother? Shocking!  [wow]

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 11:51:05 PM »
Taeylor you can join the JuliaList if you haven't done so already.  The story I believe is called The Children of Collinwood.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Julia-B-and-JList,
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 05:46:29 AM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 09:42:35 PM »
Thanks so much guys! ;)