Author Topic: ADDICTION  (Read 1376 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
ADDICTION
« on: December 02, 2004, 01:55:31 AM »
a "funny" thing happened this morning...i went to check my e-mails and,as i often do out of habit,take a peek at the forum.then something unexpected happened.instead of my usual welcome screen the "guest" welcome screen popped-up.i had somehow logged myself out(which i never do).
momentarily startled i knew i just needed to log in again.no big deal.then came the time to type in my password and i realized i couldn't remember it at all...i hadn't used it in several months.i stay logged in.
confused(this was early morning after all) i tried to conjure up the long forgotten password to no avail.i thought to click the "forget password" option which would just e-mail me a new one.then i remembered that for awhile the forum was unable to generate new passwords.was i going to get locked out?!?
a current of low-level panic ran through my blood.what would i do?where would i go to discuss governesses?seances?sleeveless dresses?i was about to e-mail midnite.and all this drama before i even had my first cup of coffee.
then the long forgotten phrase began to visualize itself to me...and with sweaty palms typed the letters in.i breathed a hearty sigh of relief when my own welcome screen popped-up and the morning was as good as new! [santa_tongue]

anyhow...it's funny how we react when our little routines are thrown out of whack. [santa_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: ADDICTION
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 02:23:03 AM »
You didn't log yourself out.  It happened because of the Upgrade last night.
I found myself logged out too.

[santa_smiley]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 03:18:22 AM »
Poor baby.

But what a darling story.   [santa_smiley]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 03:43:38 AM »
You didn't log yourself out.  It happened because of the Upgrade last night.

Exactly. Without getting too technical, this new version of the forum's system changed the name of the cookie that stores each member's login info. Everyone needs to log back in.

Sorry to cause you panic, mscbryk.  :-[  But if you couldn't remember your password, I'm sure we would have figured something out.  :)  You'll never need to go cold turkey.  :D

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 04:10:07 AM »
LOL,  Don't feel bad.  The same thing happened to me several months ago.  I forgot my password and just let it go for a while.  Luckily Midnite was very helpful in getting me back in!
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 06:32:55 AM »
OT --

Just thought it was worth mentioning again that cousins (registered members) might want to record the e-addresses of any or all of the board mods.  Email addys are not visible to guests, regardless of whether or not the box to hide online status is checked.  This is a very good thing since it conceals them from pesky searchbots and spammers, but waiting until you're unable to log in is not the time to decide you need to find a way to contact us off the forums.  ;)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 07:11:34 AM »
OT --

Just thought it was worth mentioning again that cousins (registered members) might want to record the e-addresses of any or all of the board mods.  Email addys are not visible to guests, regardless of whether or not the box to hide online status is checked.  This is a very good thing since it conceals them from pesky searchbots and spammers, but waiting until you're unable to log in is not the time to decide you need to find a way to contact us off the forums.  ;)

good point midnite i did remember my password (weird since i NEED GINKO ) but  my first reaction when i saw guest was the same
i thought i did something wrong again! [8_2_74]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 06:20:04 PM »
Same thing happened to me.  What I do, is I keep it in my phone book.  That way, I always know where it is. [ChristmaS15]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.