Author Topic: FAVORITE SCENE????  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Daphne

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
Re: FAVORITE SCENE????
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2002, 11:25:06 PM »
eeeeeeeee great topic!!!!!

1967 ---- The scene with Carolyn and Buzz, where they come back to Collinwood and she wants him 2 drive his motorcycle up the stairs, and then they go into the drawing room and wake up Liz and she goes down and Carolyn throws a freaking hissy fit, calling Liz "Mrs. McGuire" and .... WOW that freaked me out, she was soooo determined to hurt Liz...how sad. "You've found love, Mother, well SO - HAVE - I!!!!" ...... I just recently saw that on VHS, and it like shook me out of my chair! WOW!  :o  And of course, "You and me, Buzz, two weeks from now. Don't forget." AWWWWWW they were so cute!  ;D

1966 --- the scene where Joe is "potted" [drunk] and comes up to Collinwood and tells Carolyn off.....eeeeeee I was applauding for him!!!! And then he passed out.....hahahehe poor guy  8)

1795 ---- Josette sees herself as a vampire [thanks 2 Angie] and runs from Barnabus's embrace and jumps off the cliff   :(

1795 --- when Trask first meets Vicki, and he like SLAMS her down on2 the chair with Abigail and the Countess watching, and she screams at him, "You're not a reverend, you're a fanatic!" EEEEEE that was sooo kewl!!!

SPOILERS:

1840 ---- Desmond and Leticia say goodbye before he is beheaded, and they're "married" and she can't say "death." OMG....  :'( that's the only DS scene that's made me cry

1840 ----- Quentin ABOUT to be beheaded in the end of an episode, and the guy-who-cuts-off-heads has the axe raised above his head, and then it ends......GASP! And then in the next episode, you see Valarie/Angelique/Miranda *whoever* she is come running out w Judah Zachary's head! THAT was kewl!!! And then Gerard asking Quentin for 4giveness...awwwwwwww

1840 ---- Quentin finding Daaaappphneeee in the room where Gerard locked her, and she almost hits him over the head w a candlestick, then realizes it's Quentin....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!  ;D

1841PT --- the scene where Melanie is like "drawn" 2 the secret room, and she flips out and then passes out. SCARY

heheahaha Anything with NB in it!!! ;D Sorry 2 ramble on..........lol  :-[
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2002, 12:28:53 AM »
So many, many wonderful scenes . . . too numerous to mention . . . these are just off the top of my head . . .

1. Mrs. Johnson opening the door to reveal Jonathan Frid as Barnabas for the first time ever.

2. Barnabas telling Carolyn and Vicki the story about Josette when the lights go out in Collinwood during a storm.

3. The scene where Maggie escapes from the dungeon room and Barnabas follows after her.

4. The seance where Victoria disappears and Phyllis Wick appears in her place.

5. The hanging of Victoria Winters in 1795 coupled with her return to present day.

6. Abigail Collins discovers Barnabas' coffin in the Old House basement of 1795; he rises and frightens her to death.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2002, 04:27:38 AM »
It's hard for me to choose.  I couldn't pick just one.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

I agree wholeheartedly with Gerard about the will scene in 1897--the buildup to that is priceless.  Bennett closes the doors behind her after finding the will and she's got this cat-that-swallowed-the-canary-grin that was to die for.  And then there's the bit where she summons Edward to the drawing room to inform him that she's moving into Grandmama's bedroom and Quentin's lovely line, "Maybe we could all go upstairs and watch you sign a check."  

Let's see what else . . .

We just had one of mine, with Stokes at the Old House inspecting Barnabas' antiques.

Mrs. Johnson's first appearance at the coffee shop doing her best imitation of John D. Rockefeller with Maggie.

Jason's proposal to Liz.

Matthew meeting up with the widows, Josette, and a singin' Bill Malloy (creepy as hell).

Anything with Flora before they told Bennett to tone it down.

I'd better stop while I'm ahead :)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2002, 08:44:29 AM »
S
p
o
i
L
E
R
s

loved most of Judith's scenes but have to say i forgot one of my favorites is when Tim walls Trask and Judith and Tim are standing there smiling! ;D

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2002, 11:48:23 PM »

Anything with Flora before they told Bennett to tone it down.

I LOVED Joan Bennett's original interpretation of flighty Flora! I wonder if she toned it down because they told her so or because she was losing her voice trying to maintain that high register. If you notice, after a few episodes she does in fact seem to be losing her voice, and afterwards she drops the affectation she began with for that character.
:-[

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2002, 03:12:28 AM »
For some reason I love the scenes where the characters *almost* give themselves away. Other than that a few pop into my head:

During the costume party Barnabas threw, where Josette comes through Vicki? (I forget who) during a seance and near the end Barnabas jumps up and shouts "It was the only way I could save her!"

Any scene or story arc that involved Humbert Allen Astredo, Dennis Patrick, or Jerry Lacy.

SPOILERS BELOW

The scene in 1970 where Amy just *knows* it's Quentin and digs out the gramophone to taunt him with the music. Roger says something to the effect of him going pale.

Aristede! I just love him :) There's a scene where Petofi is talking about Aristede and he says something like "He's not a terribly bright boy" and the look on Michael Stroka's face is a riot.

When Quentin sealed Carl into the mausoleum with Barnabas's coffin. My Dad even thought that was cool.

As the long lost Henry would say "Pansity Faye" god she was a riot.

Any storyline with ghosts. I don't know why, but they just did it so right! Having the ghosts not speak just made them all the more creepier (God I *love* the Quentin & Beth ghost storyline). But the Daphne & Gerard one was great too, as was the 1995 storyarc.

There's just too many to name.

But my #1 favorite scene would HAVE to be the dream Jamison had in 1897 of David's last birthday party and Quentin's ghost. That was creepy. Violet Welles is definitely my favorite out of all the DS writers.

~Arashi

I know I'm going to click the post button and think of forty other things so I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Offline sam2sexy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2008, 11:34:33 PM »
i love all the scenes with jerry lacy he's a total hottie he made a good reverend trask i love it when vicki slaps him then he slaps her so funny

MirandaD

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 06:59:07 AM »
Great topic.. there are so many wonderful scenes it's hard to pick.. but if I had to pick one, it would be Barnabas recounting the tale of how Josette died to Vickie and Maggie.   Ooohh chills just thinking about it! What a wonderful, hypnotic voice Frid has!

[snow_wow]

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 07:47:49 AM »
If I had to pick one, it would be when Chris takes Amy back to Colllinwood after her bad scare with the Leviathon.He tells her that he has to take care of her amd she throws her arms around him and tells him she loves him. That was a Kodak moment.
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 08:02:27 AM »
Welcome to the Forums, MirandaD!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 05:52:15 PM »
And welcome to sam2sexy! It's so nice to see you and MirandaD jumping right in and posting.  [snow_smiley]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »
The 1795 shooting/cursing scene with Barnabas and Angelique.   

When I was a kid, Petofi's hand reattached was a big one.   "It is MINE!!   HEH HEH HEH HEH!!!"   

Sarah in 1967 confronting Barnabas, and Barnabas going all vulnerable and innocent, wondering why he deserves to be shunned.   

Also, 1897, Jamison possessed, Edward trying to talk him out of it, saying you're not missing a hand... then Jamison's hand actually comes off, in Edward's.   That look on Edward's face, overwhelmed, totally out of his depth, horrified, but still assuring him they would do something, somehow.     

And 100-year-old Tate first appearing.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor