Author Topic: OT: Hilarious and Sad (but True) Signs You're Getting Old  (Read 161 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OT: Hilarious and Sad (but True) Signs You're Getting Old
« on: July 22, 2022, 08:03:36 PM »
Hilarious and Sad (but True) Signs You're Getting Old

I don't fall into too many of these categories. BUT, I do still love '80s music, I have been given the Senior Discount on sight (and I'm not about to complain), I do get mail from AARP, I do occasionally talk to myself, I do still own both a VCR and a DVD player, and I can't get over how quickly time passes. But that's only 6 out of 35...

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Hilarious and Sad (but True) Signs You're Getting Old
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 12:55:26 AM »
At the assisted living apartment complex where I now reside, there is a nice, young male nursing student who works second shift; he's in his early twenties.  He has absolutely, positively no idea whatsoever who Paula Abdul is.  Not a clue.

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 01:12:46 AM »
 [pointing-up]  Show him her Cold Hearted video and he'll never forget her, even if he's gay.  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 07:51:55 PM »
That's a great list of the inevitable infirmities (and indignities) of the aging process.

How about waking up in the morning, turning on the t.v., and seeing that there's a particularly compelling episode of "Quincy, M.E." on Cozi-TV? And, after watching the seemingly perpetually irascible Dr. Quincy solve a medical mystery, he's followed by Los Angeles paramedics Cage and DeSoto on "Emergency"? It's too bad that "Matlock" isn't on Cozi-TV also.

Oh, yeah, I recently went to see the "Happy Together Tour" at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, NJ. The show featured such classic 1960s acts as The Cowsills, The Classics Four, The Association, Gary Puckett and The Turtles, featuring the always upbeat and uproariously funny Professor Mark Volman. Let me tell you, there wasn't a single person in the audience under the age of sixty, maybe even seventy. (The smell of Ben-Gay was in the air.)

And, speaking of Mark Volman, the husky Turtle with the enormous mop of now-completely gray hair, he said to the audience (just before all of the performers joined into sing, "Happy Together"), "We're all thankful that you came out tonight to see us old f@rts playing the same music after more than fifty years."

I noticed that many of my fellow male, middle-aged concert-goers made a hasty, if not desperate, beeline to the men's room just as the the musical performers took a break during the show's intermission, just like how    the aged Joshua Collins, Daniel Collins and eventually Roger Collins, no doubt, all made hasty trips to those never-seen Collinwood "water-closets." 

Come to think of it, Quentin Collins must have experienced an unbelievable shock, when the evil Count Petofi  switched bodies with Quentin. I mean, literally overnight, Quentin went from being a healthy, handsome and robust 28-year-old to a decrepit, incontinent, arthritic and flatulent 150-year-old man! Alas, we never got to see how Quentin coped with this shocking change of life, very much like how we never got to see how Barnabas, man of the 18th century, was able to so easily adjust to all of the modern conveniences of the 20th century, when he first showed up at Collinwood.

You know, someone should take the trouble to cite all of the changes and physical indignities Quentin had to contend with after Count Petofi performed his amazing mind/body switch. Maybe someone did list the Q-Man's" change-of-life" experiences? I guess that I'm getting too to remember if someone actually did.

Bob, the forgetful bartender.