Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0258  (Read 755 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0258
« on: July 19, 2012, 07:33:13 PM »
Robservations - #258

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0258

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »
One of my all-time favorite episodes!

Poor Sarah doesn't seem to realize that she actually is-- well, dead. Or maybe she's mercifully forgotten. Maggie doesn't seem to realize that Sarah is a ghost either.

Sarah and Maggie sing London Bridge together, and the part that goes "Take the key and lock her up" doesn't seem to bother Maggie one bit.

FABULOUS scene with Barnabas and Maggie. Clearly, Maggie's reason is already unhinged, but she fearlessly tells Barnabas that she's getting out of the cell and boldly walks around him as she boasts about her secret friend.

Maggie doesn't notice the change that comes over Barnabas's face when she describes Sarah. He must have some inkling of who Maggie means. When he leaves her, he looks sad. Is it because of Sarah--or because he realizes that Maggie will never become Josette? This is one of the first times he seems almost-- human.

Willie protests Barnabas's plans for Maggie, but for once Barn doesn't beat him up.

The doll, the doll!  [ghost_grin]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »
It's a wonder Willie hasn't come unhinged after all he's been through. Good episode, good acting all around.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 09:07:53 AM »
Maggie doesn't notice the change that comes over Barnabas's face when she describes Sarah. He must have some inkling of who Maggie means.
I don't think he does.  He's just realizing Maggie's gone round the bend.

I'm sort of entranced, for lack of a better word, by the idea that Maggie's only hope of escape from her prison is also the proximate cause of her losing her grip - i.e. Sarah.  I realize that what's really going on here is that the story is being strung out - but I like the idea that, once Maggie has been taken away from her home and her identity, her only path back lies through madness.  It's like a fairy tale - always assuming, of course, that there is a happy ending.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:20:38 PM »
You might be right about Barnabas, Lydia. I don't think he has enough clues yet to realize that Maggie's friend isn't imaginary after all.

I also like your idea of Maggie's only way back home being through madness and out the other side.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 01:12:14 AM »
I also like your idea of Maggie's only way back home being through madness and out the other side.

[spoiler]Willie, too.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Online alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 04:26:21 AM »
Maggie keep asking Sarah how she got in. It would seem that by now she has realized that the impossible can happen.  Maggie will be disposed of.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times