Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0257  (Read 1024 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0257
« on: July 18, 2012, 12:52:41 AM »
Robservations - #257

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0257

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 07:12:25 AM »
Jason's so cute when he's worried.

I was thinking, as I watched this episode: if only Dennis Patrick had agreed to stick around, they could have adjusted the dialogue just a little so that Jason would have some success at ejecting Buzz from Carolyn's life.  Maybe Buzz could have shown a little more interest in the new motorcycle that Jason offered.  And that could seriously change the dynamic between Jason and Elizabeth.  Drat, drat, drat, why did Dennis Patrick have to leave?

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »
The Jason storyline had ran it course.  There wasn't anyway for Jason to continue on the show as Barnabas was becoming its principle character.  I like Dennis Patrick but the Liz/Jason storyline couldn't go on any longer.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
Luckily, we still have a few more Jason episodes. He's one of the best villains ever, isn't he!

In Carolyn's bedroom, we see her oval, full-length mirror for the first time, but far from the last. Jason tells her she's hurting her mother, just as her father did, but Carolyn refuses to budge.

Buzz is an awful dancer, but Carolyn doesn't seem to mind. He wants to go someplace where they can "really swing." His idea of a swinging place is the thriving metropolis of Logansport. He seems much more likable this time around and seems perfectly content: I like the bike I got and the chick I got, he tells Jason.

Kudos to the director, Lela Swift, for timing the last scene to perfection. As a particularly dreadful imitation Tijuana Brass tune starts up (and is heard throughout the ensuing conversation), Carolyn emerges and ironically greets her stepfather-to-be. He just tried to buy me off, Buzz reports. Carolyn hangs all over Buzz but waits a bit tensely till Buzz says, But I turned him down. Let’s leave before he offers me a sidecar too.  [ghost_grin] [ghost_grin] [ghost_grin] Sarcastically Carolyn tells Jason, Don't wait up for us, Jason. Pleasant dreams. But I know your dreams are always pleasant, because all you ever dream about is _money_, she adds as she leaves. Jason’s face is a study in consternation as he lights a cigarette. The awful music comes to a punchline conclusion right on time.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »
Egad, Jason's almost over?   A storyline goes by while my eye's in the middle of a blink it seems...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 03:54:13 PM »
Yes, it's too bad they couldn't bring him back. Somehow I don't think he'd be a good candidate for ghosthood.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 06:22:02 AM »
Been a while since I've posted. Busy, busy, busy. Anywho, I found out last week that I have this DVD, so I was elated. Stuck the DVD in tonight and enjoyed. This is an awesome episode. This Michael Hadge guy is quite good as Buzz. I wonder what he went on to do afterward?

The infamous line from Buzz to Jason: If you feel it, sit it. I love that. I also love the line where he tells Carolyn that if her mother is a good girl, he'll give her a ride on his bike.

The generation gap between Jason and Buzz is wonderful to watch.

Personally, I think they could have kept Jason on. He discovers the jewels and the coffin and attempts to bribe Barnabas. Nah. Barn would have kilt him anyway.

As far as Michael Hadge's dancing abilities - yeah, not so good. But maybe it was 9:00 A.M. when they filmed and the actors just didn't have the rhythm at the time. I thought he did a great job.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 03:36:13 PM »
Welcome back, Janet. May your wickedness remain undiminished!

Here's the IMDB page for Michael Hadge. He's done a bit of acting and some producing, notably with Al Pacino.

Even though I'm only reading my own summaries (and the Robservations) of these episodes, I'm enjoying Buzz much more this time around. (I've seen the entire series from beginning to end twice through, and the part from Barnabas on about three more times, I think.)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 06:52:17 PM »
I envy you, Janet.  Anyway, is it possible that Buzz was more credible as a biker type than I remember?   Hippies and bikers in 60s TV always seemed ridiculous to me.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »
Anyway, is it possible that Buzz was more credible as a biker type than I remember?   Hippies and bikers in 60s TV always seemed ridiculous to me.

I think he's great. I imagine it must have been quite a time getting into that costume in the morning. He's got a lot going on there.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 09:15:37 AM »
I don't know about that.  Maybe the chains were glued on.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »
In one shot it looks like he has an earring in his left ear too!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 04:21:09 AM »
 When Buzz shows up Elizabeth won't let him in the door. He tells her if she is good she will get a ride. I didn't remember Buzz being so entertaining or on for so many episodes.
The big piano is back in the drawing room and Carolyn pointedly plucks the keys as sh talks.
Jason plans to handle Carolyn with smooth talk, but he soon loses his cool.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times