Author Topic: OT: Site Update  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
OT: Site Update
« on: December 08, 2007, 09:06:43 PM »
Shameless plug I know...
To Raineypark, and those who wonder if I will ever graduate well...my new website is finally up. [santa_cheesy][santa_shocked] [that's actually how I've looked the past few days, sans santa hat...lack of sleep + web programming is a very scary thing.]

Warning: You will need a more current Adobe Flash player (version 8 or up) to view. Info and links to obtain a free web player (if one doesn't already have it) for various computer platforms can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

No templates...I built this all from ground up. Similar theme to previous site in some ways, but different...new color scheme, updated concept, and I have new logo, etc...and some new pieces no one has ever seen. And there is a smattering of Grayson-art I've posted here in the past...
My printed portfolio was judged the other day - got an A  [shocked]. But I had to tweak the website before I shared with anyone. Time for chocolate, and a nap...

Web Portfolio: http://home.comcast.net/~hrh22/

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Site Update
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 09:18:34 PM »
Very nice, Heather! And...

lack of sleep + web programming is a very scary thing

...I feel your pain.  [santa_wink]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 01:44:21 AM »
Hooray!!!!!  Just when I thought you had decided to  chuck the Art gig and become a plumber or something!!!!!

Love it, love it, love it!!!  Makes me wish I had a business so I could hire you to do wonderful graphics for me.  Alas, no such luck.  But I absolutely promise that I WILL show up for your first show in a New York Gallery!!

Go out there and knock 'em dead, kid!!  [santa_thumb]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 03:57:55 AM »
Amazing portfolio, Heather-- both the presentation and the artwork.  Though I can't say I'm surprised that you have come so far.

BTW, I recall the Newsweek article ("Lollipops and Lawsuits") about the marketing suit over the cancer drug-- from several months ago, I think-- and that very cool graphic.  Was that your design?

Congratulations on your A!  The self-portraits are my favorites.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 01:22:53 AM »
WOW - thanks so much guys... xo

...I feel your pain.  [santa_wink]

yup...especially when you get into that special place where you think all the bugs are worked out and you have to keep going back and tweaking things 20 times over... ;)

Hooray!!!!!  Just when I thought you had decided to  chuck the Art gig and become a plumber or something!!!!!
[snorting]
Thanks much Rainey :-*
I've wanted to have a career in art since I was 4 or 5 (precocious I know) so it's unlikely I would've drastically changed majors. Plus, I am as stubborn as hell...even if I were faced with multiple obstacles, I would pull a Grayson and stick to it.

Love it, love it, love it!!!  Makes me wish I had a business so I could hire you to do wonderful graphics for me.  Alas, no such luck.  But I absolutely promise that I WILL show up for your first show in a New York Gallery!!

not sure I'll get that far, but thanks...I'll make a mini Barnabas cake for you that you can stake if you do.  >:D

Amazing portfolio, Heather-- both the presentation and the artwork.  Though I can't say I'm surprised that you have come so far.

Thanks so much :-*
I am surprised...I wasn't sure I would live to see this day for a while...

BTW, I recall the Newsweek article ("Lollipops and Lawsuits") about the marketing suit over the cancer drug-- from several months ago, I think-- and that very cool graphic.  Was that your design?

If it was something professionally published--nope, not mine (or at least it shouldn't be.) what I have on the site and in my portfolio is all my own work...I did the illustration by hand, scanned it in, and then redid the layout of the article with a special type treatment...(it was part of a class final, so I have proof of all this ;))
I don't recall seeing something like this anywhere else (the original article I redesigned had no graphics other than a small picture of the prescription - I could send you a scan of it)...but if someone is using my work without my permission I'd really appreciate knowing where and when...

Congratulations on your A!  The self-portraits are my favorites.

Really? [blushing] Thanks...xo

p.s. Did anyone have any trouble with any of the links, especially in the portfolio subdivisions? Where I have the little squares that you click on to see the artwork and whatnot? I slightly tweaked it so that the square buttons that link to artwork are a darker color. I thought it would make it easier to see how many pieces are in a given category and where you should click....if that makes any sense...
[santa_undecided]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 05:15:30 AM »
I'll make a mini Barnabas cake for you that you can stake if you do.  >:D

Why do I strongly suspect Raineypark would absolutely love that?!  [santa_grin]

Did anyone have any trouble with any of the links, especially in the portfolio subdivisions? Where I have the little squares that you click on to see the artwork and whatnot? I slightly tweaked it so that the square buttons that link to artwork are a darker color. I thought it would make it easier to see how many pieces are in a given category and where you should click....if that makes any sense... [santa_undecided]

It definitely makes sense, but I didn't have any problems. Though that may be because I have an LCD monitor with a nice level of contrast.