Author Topic: Dark Shadows Gold Key Lot 4 books Mint Condition - $80  (Read 504 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows Gold Key Lot 4 books Mint Condition - $80
« on: January 07, 2016, 04:43:03 AM »
If you're into the Gold Key comics, you may want to check this listing out:

Dark Shadows Gold Key Lot 4 books Mint Condition - $80

Though not being into them myself, I have no idea what they're going for these days and, therefore, whether or not $80 is a good price...

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows Gold Key Lot 4 books Mint Condition - $80
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 05:47:21 AM »
Does anyone know what impact, if any, the Hermes Press reprint volumes have had on the value of the comics? I loved rereading them in pristine form. The colors are so bright and the pages are much more durable. I already have a complete set of the comics, but I'm not sure I'd acquire them if I did not. The reprints are so much more attractive and convenient. Still, part of me, the collector in me, is glad I have the original 1st editions.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:58:58 AM »
I don't do comics Doc, but I know what you mean.

For me, it's owning complete series of TV shows.

There are worse things (God knows, I've done most of them).

Patti

PS, again, not into comics....how do you keep them pristine, and more important, keep the colors bright?

Wait, re-reading your comment....do you own original, and are they more pristine? Or, are the 'copies' more colorful (technology)?
What a Woman!

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 07:19:00 PM »
I own a complete set of the comics. These were all collected in the 70s and 80s. My collection ranges from mostly good to a few very fine issues. I did not have the means to be picky about condition. As long as they were intact and clean, I was happy. I have them bagged and in a box. They seemed OK the last time I took them out, but I'll never read them again. I have a complete set of the reprints. Those are on heavy paper, have been restored, and have vivid colors. I don't plan to sell my comics, but if I'd had the Hermes collection  in the 80s, I'd have been satisfied with them. I like to have some kind of copy of every DS story regardless of the format, but I don't insist on having first editions.