Author Topic: No Opening  (Read 1318 times)

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
No Opening
« on: March 08, 2008, 03:41:35 AM »
On Disc 1 of Collection 6 of "Dark Shadows:  The Beginning," (Episode 181), there is no opening tiltle sequence.  The first scene, with Vicki and Carolyn, ends with them preparing to open the front door of Collinwood after hearing a knock.  The scene fades to black and then there is a scene of them opening the door and letting Joe and Dr. Guthrie into the house.  The familiar opening with the theme music and waves crashing is not shown.  After the episode was over, I ran it backwards to make sure I had not missed something, and it still was not there.

If anyone has this episode on VHS, I'd like to know if the opening is missing on the videotape version as well.  Alas, another mystery in Collinsport.
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: No Opening
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »
Anyone checked yet?

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 09:56:13 PM »
I have the whole series on tape and am watching it for the third time. Every episode has the opening with the waves. I've heard that the CD has left out some footage.

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 03:08:53 AM »
MPI, to its credit, replaced two discs from Collection 1 (Disc 1 and Disc 4) at no charge, after it was determined that there was some footage missing from an episode on each disc.  I don't know if that will be done of this Collection 6 disc or not, since the only missing footage is the opening title.  Of course, I would certainly like to have a new disc with this missing opening restored.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 06:29:27 PM »
The first scene, with Vicki and Carolyn, ends with them preparing to open the front door of Collinwood after hearing a knock.  The scene fades to black and then there is a scene of them opening the door and letting Joe and Dr. Guthrie into the house.

Ep 181 on video has the opening title sequence between those scenes.

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 02:01:12 AM »
Thanks.  I assumed it did, but just wanted to hear from someone who knew for sure.  One good thing about this site is that you can always get the information about anything related to our great show.