Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0304  (Read 1304 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0304
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:13:25 AM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0304
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 03:21:44 PM »
Burke is still on the hunt for Barnabas. It looks like he did a Julia except that he didn't  go into the house to find Barnabas in his coffin. It looks like he stayed outside and watch the house. This un-nuerved Julia and Willie. Julia wanted to protect her turf and the experiment.

I also think this is where julia starts to weaken tword Barnabas, Sarah started this in her.  She has a fascination with Sarah, and how she might be his conscience. He is trying to protect others from him self. Sarah didn't appear to Jason and hasn't appeared yet to Burke.  These guys in some ways are bad. Would they have believed in Sarah and who she was.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:23:05 PM »
Julia's something  For a walk in the woods with a ten-year-old kid, she puts on her gloves and takes her handbag with her.  It's probably over 90 degrees in my house right now, and humid since I live near a pond.  I was very uncomfortable looking at Julia in her suit and gloves.

Burke's something, too.  Ordering Vicky around and refusing to give her a reason!   I keep having this sweet vision of Vicky, sometime in the 1980s, divorced from Burke and very, very bitter.

What does Burke suspect of Barnabas?  He's a down-to-earth guy, so I can't believe that he's come anywhere near the truth.  Maybe he thinks Barnabas is a Velvetian.

I think today's was the first scene in which Julia and Willie had joined forces to worry about the big Problem in their lives.  Does Julia ever stop to think about the turn her life has taken?  All she wanted to do was to cure a vampire, and now her closest friend looks to be a weird guy in an apron.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 10:50:34 PM »
But the gloves are one of her trade marks. How else is she going to not leave finger prints.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »
The Robservations screen captures for this episode have now been added.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 11:52:46 PM »
Lydia--- Going back to DS in 2002, I noticed/remembered that you could do a show in the 60s that consisted of action after action after action, how are we going to accomplish this, what's in our way, how do we stop that guy from stopping us etc... without anyone stepping back to think about how it affected their lives, whether it was all worth it, what it felt like doing it, whether they were missing the forest for the trees, fixating like crazy on all the critically important tasks.... without stopping to process.

That's especially bad in DS, where (for me) it's all about mood, feel, significance, impact on lives.... not just event after event, boom boom boom.    Anyway, I remembered getting totally absorbed in "event" stories or series back then, and it seemed completely natural, but now the characters look like ants scurrying around an ant farm merely doing, doing, doing....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 09:25:12 PM »
What does Burke suspect of Barnabas?  He's a down-to-earth guy, so I can't believe that he's come anywhere near the truth.  Maybe he thinks Barnabas is a Velvetian.
Lydia, what's a Velvetian? [idontknow]

Indeed, this  was the first episode when Willie and Julia united in their concern for Barnabas.  Willie never was a very good lier.  [8311] Julia, on the other hand, was very good at it. [thumb]

It was sweet of Julia to go for a walk with David, but we all know she had an ulterior motive - she wanted to see Sarah. [winkg]  It was neat when Sarah took back her bonnet unseen.  One minute it was there, and the next it was gone! [shkdg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 09:40:50 PM »

This is from  Barnabas  Quentin and the Body Snatchers.  see that thread to see the full impact.  Lydia I hopt that you don't mind me replying.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 10:10:10 PM »
Thanks, loril54!  [bigok] I read the whole thread.  This made my day!  So funny!  [laughing6]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 01:03:13 AM »
I think that picture is even better when you have no idea whatsoever what it's about, but that's my sense of humor.    I want it as a huge poster on my living room wall, so people think I'm crazy when they walk in.   

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 03:22:19 AM »
Yes, indeed, there's nothing so important as making a good first impression.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 06:55:07 PM »
Burke tells Vicki to stay away from Barnabas and the Old House and he won't even tell her why.

Oh geez, Burke...you don't quite know what Barnabas is up to though you do have suspicions of him and you don't want Vicki to know you're on Barnabas' trail yet, fine, but at least make up another story why you don't want Vicki to see him anymore. Just to tell her to stay away from him without ANY reason at all why was just dumb.

Equally dumb was Burke confronting Willie and letting the vampire's servant know he was on to both of them. What, Burke DIDN'T think Willie would tell Barnabas? Not to mention his bringing up Barnabas' "eccentricities" to Julia....the woman who is spending a lot of time with Barnabas because of her 'history research.'

Burke was just stupid all through out this episode. I was shaking my head at him the whole time.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 08:20:50 PM »
People on DS, especially Julia, but maybe all over TV, and maybe in real life... keep expecting people to be persuaded without reasons.    It certainly seems to work in advertising.  Just repeat the message over and over, and a lot of people buy.    That's how it's done in politics.    Why would signs just saying "vote for Smith" in people's yards persuade anyone?  They must, since a lot of money is spent on those signs.

Julia's favorite tactic of persuasion:   saying someone must do something, and when he/she asks why, she'll say, "Because you MUST!"