Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0667  (Read 1412 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0667
« on: November 04, 2008, 07:44:31 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0667
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:34:13 PM »
Amy's clothes get to me. They're so clean, so dressy! And her hair is so neat! I can't stand it.

When Carolyn and Amy heard the noise coming from the secret room in the mausoleum today, Carolyn said it must be a branch.  Therefore the mausoleum, contrary to what I had assumed, is not built into a hill.  And yet, in the 200 years since it was built, nobody has noticed that the outside is bigger than the inside.  Baffling.

I wish Amy had noticed that she was putting flowers on the resting place of a girl about her own age...or maybe I don't.  It would have been nice for me to see Amy acknowledging Sarah's short life, but not so nice for Amy to be confronted with the fact that even 10-year-old girls can die.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 04:50:40 AM »
I love that Amy likes cemeteries.  Brings back many memories of trips to the three cemeteries located near my childhood home.  When I saw this again, after so many years, it was still spooky that they were going to play the game with Carolyn and I can't remember what they did to her so the next episode will be very exciting to watch.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 10:38:45 AM »
Barnabas made another one of his bloopers in this episode when he called Amy "Carolyn". [signerror] At least the second time, he corrected himself and said "Caro... Amy..." I do enjoy the rapport between Barnabas and Amy. I agree that he would have made an excellent father. [hall2_cheesy]

I don't blame Carolyn for making David go to his room for the rest of the day as punishment for the way he treated Amy. That was a horrible thing to do. Amy was pretty sneaky when she asked Barnabas if she and David could play outside, knowing that Barnabas didn't know that David was "grounded".  [hall2_rolleyes] I was happy to see that Barnabas didn't undermine Carolyn's authority when he did find out. (Really, how bad was it, anyway? Surely Quentin could wait a few hours before making Amy and David play "the game" again.)

Julia's love for Barnabas was quite evident in this episode. [love3] It was heartwarming to see her relief that Barnabas was alright. It was nice to see how much Willie cared for him, too.  [hall2_smiley]

I thought it was strange that Amy split up her flowers and put one on each grave, but Carolyn left all of her flowers only on Sarah's grave.  [hall2_huh]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »
I thought it was strange that Amy split up her flowers and put one on each grave, but Carolyn left all of her flowers only on Sarah's grave.
I wonder how much Carolyn remembers of her encounter with Sarah's ghost.

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 03:16:58 AM »
I don't blame Carolyn for making David go to his room for the rest of the day as punishment for the way he treated Amy. That was a horrible thing to do. Amy was pretty sneaky when she asked Barnabas if she and David could play outside, knowing that Barnabas didn't know that David was "grounded".  [hall2_rolleyes] I was happy to see that Barnabas didn't undermine Carolyn's authority when he did find out. (Really, how bad was it, anyway? Surely Quentin could wait a few hours before making Amy and David play "the game" again.)

I agree with EmeraldRose. It was a horrible thing to do to Amy just because she didn't feel like playing the game.
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 12:30:31 PM »
But it wasn't really a game!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 07:18:59 PM »
Happy 3000, Lydia!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 09:30:30 AM »
Goodness, I didn't even notice!  Thank you!