Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0654  (Read 1011 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0654
« on: October 16, 2008, 06:45:33 PM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0654
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 05:25:33 AM »
I love Maggies's dress.  Another talk to the camera sequence, while JF get's to his next set.  A good way to get the job done though!  I also like Julia's dress as I think she looks good in brown!  A nice shirtless shot of Joel Crothers.  Julia (for a change) gave a out a pain pill.  LOL We also continue with a nice shot of Chris bare chested! ;) Good scenes between Maggie and Julia.  I love Julia's green dress.

"Well how many did you take?" Julia "All three!" Chris "All of them?" Julia   [8_1_209]  Grayson's deliver was funny for some reason.  Poor Chris, I feel sorry for him because he is trying his best save Joe!  Not the greatest transformation!  The first was the best IMO!

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 09:42:47 AM »
I liked today's transformation, and found it just a bit enlightening - maybe.  Chris said something to Joe along the lines of "You'll see something like nothing you've ever seen before in your life."  Maybe Chris still can't quite believe it himself, and that's why it's so hard for him to buckle down and deal with his affliction an an organized way.

It's nice to hear that Maggie took Amy over to the Old House to visit with Barnabas.  I wonder what David was doing.  And what about Quentin?

I was surprised when Barnabas brought Joe back to Collinwood.  I would have called Julia and had her come over to the Evans Cottage to decide whether Joe could be safely moved.

I wonder what Joe thought was the connection between Chris and the werewolf, before he saw Chris's transformation.  Did he think that Chris was dressing up a wild animal in his clothes?  I can't believe that Joe would have guessed the truth; it's just not the sort of thing that Joe would think of - especially since he has apparently forgotten why he was acting so strangely a few weeks back.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 02:56:19 PM »
I hate to say it, but even killling Joe off at this point would still have been a better exit rather than the one he got.

It was sad to hear Maggie saying that maybe Joe was just still being and acting strange. It's too bad she never found out why he had been acting the way he had when they broke up. Well, actually she did, [spoiler] when she walked in on Angelique biting him, but Nicholas wiped her memory of it soon after. [/spoiler]

Maybe David was hanging out with Quentin without taking Amy with him. Maybe Quentin ordered him to do it. It makes sense, after all Quentin was really more interested in David than in Amy due to the fact [spoiler] David resembled Jamison and in life Quentin was really close to Jamison. Not so much with Nora, Amy's look-alike. [/spoiler]

I laughed at Julia's reaction too that Chris took all three pills. Guess Julia does have some limits and concerns regarding sedatives after all.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 11:06:41 AM »
WOW! What an exciting episode! [hall_shocked] I liken it to bookends, the beginning and the end, with Joe and Chris/the Werewolf. The middle was just fluff, but not just any fluff! Kudos to all actors involved for an excellent episode - especially Joel Crothers, Don Briscoe and Alex Stevens as the Werewolf! [clap2] By the way, this was the first time another DS character saw Chris change into a werewolf. [milestone]

I, too, laughed at Julia's response to Chris. It was a shame that Joe and Maggie both forgot all about Vampire Angelique. They would have been able to get back together much more easily, I think, if they had been able to remember what had happened to Joe. In my opinion, Maggie and Joe were the best couple on DS, and it was a shame that they broke up. [hall_cry]

The beginning scenes, when the werewolf was attacking Joe, were really exciting and violent! This may rate another milestone as being the most violent scene on DS, or at least one of them, anyway. [milestone] It was so thrilling to watch! It was very exciting, also, when Joe picked up the phone and then passed out. The first time I saw this, I was really worried about him, because he was in such bad shape. [hall2_sad]

It was really melodramatic when Chris woke up and feared for Joe's safety, and it was moving when Chris was relieved that Joe was alright. Poor Chris - what a horrible situation to be in! [hall2_sad]

It was neat that Joe was able to figure out that the piece he tore off of the werewolf's shirt was from Chris's shirt. I'm sure that Joe found it mind-blowing when the shirt matched the piece he had, and it was especially mind-blowing when he witnessed Chris changing into a werewolf! Poor Chris was trying his best to get Joe to get out, but Joe wouldn't listen. Yes, indeed, I wonder myself why characters in soaps don't listen when others tell them to get out, especially on DS! [hall2_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2] 
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 06:31:15 AM »
Joel Crothers is so awesome!!   [128]

I loved the fight scene between the werewolf and Joe. Very exciting stuff.

I also love Maggie at Collinwood.

I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 01:26:29 AM »
I think it is a human reaction to look at things that you shouldn't. I wonder what Joe expected.

Just a side thought, if Joe would have left town, couldn't he have come back? When people leave why did they have to go to Wyndecliff. By the way who was paying the bills back then for the care?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 05:22:24 AM »
for me wyndcliff is just a depository for actors/characters leaving the show whom the writers didn't want to kill off permanently.

willie,elizabeth and barnabas all got stays at wyncliff while the actors who played them needed time off...vacation?wyndcliff!summer stock?wyndcliff!you get the idea.

on a more permanent note i don't think that they wanted to close the door on the possibility of both joe and/or maggie returning at some point hence they were not killed off but sent to wyndcliff but the program was cancelled before that ever came up.

i wish they had just sent vicki(god knows she deserved some r and r)to wyndcliff rather than the more grim and permanent fate she suffered later on.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.