Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0641  (Read 1272 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0641
« on: September 29, 2008, 05:31:25 PM »

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0641
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 02:07:25 AM »
Poor Amy.  Her situation just breaks my heart and Denise is so earnest.  She seems to have such a wonderful chemistry with everyone so far, even Stokes who she only met for a minute.  She is a strange one, hearing and understanding the widows.  Perhaps whatever supernatural affinity she has (through her bloodline?) that allows her to talk to Quentin also lets her talk to the widows....

Didn't Vicki's nightgown once belong to Carolyn?

Betsy after her last appearance not annoying me, got a bit on my nerves here.  The only thing that got me through it was imagining Alexandra Moltke in her place.  And just how foolish was Stokes telling a grieving wife that the only way to join her husband was to die?!?!?  :)

Interesting during the closing credits... I don't recall the show changing cameras, yet today we start out on Vicki's bedroom, then abruptly change to a camera trained on the foyer...
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 03:26:46 AM »
I agree that it was very unwise of Stokes to tell Vicki she could only be with Jeff in death, especially in her emotional state. He might as well have handed her a pistol and tell her to pull the trigger. [ghost_blink]

Elizabeth thinks Vicki should forget all about Jeff, but I think she's expecting too much too soon. It takes time for one to get over loss of a loved one. Vicki isn't going to forget about Jeff because she's not willing to forget him at this point....he's been gone for barely even a week. It's similar to the Burke situation....Vicki wasn't willing to believe that he was gone forever either...at least not until after 1795. She had months in that time to get over him (though by present day standards she was only gone a moment or two).

I agree, Amy is a sweet child, and her situation is so sad. She really needs a stable homelife, but can't realize her older brother is unable to provide that for her. Outwardly, Collinwood would seem ideal for a child like her to fit into, but those of us who have watched the supernatural madness happening in the great house and on the estate know better. [ghost_rolleyes]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 09:23:56 AM »
Young Denise Nickerson is a fine actress, but she needs to take screaming lessons from Betsy Durkin.

Poor Mr. Wells, the clerk at the Collinsport Inn, has been entirely forgotten. He was killed and not just wounded, right?  Yes, he must have been, or he would have told Collinsport's Finest exactly what happened, with a footnote as to whether or not the Inn allows guests to have pets in their rooms.  It would have appeased my sensibilities somewhat if, after Liz tried to call Chris, she had said something along the lines of, "For all I know, the clerk rang the wrong room.  They're so upset over poor Mr. Wells's horrible death that they don't know what they're doing."

I'm not very impressed with the watch that Vicky gave Jeff.  Amy recognized it as a man's watch, but it looked pretty small to me.  Furthermore, it occurred to me today that Vicky shouldn't have given Jeff a watch anyway.  When she bought it, Jeff was still very touchy on the subject of whether or not he had come from another time, so to give him a timepiece was just asking for trouble.  She should have given him a nice brush-and-comb set instead.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 09:35:07 AM »
You're right, what a way to rub it in, Victoria!  Temporal gifts, how awkward, VW!

It seems odd that Chris can stay in his crappy room just a bit longer than Dr. Arthur Harmon was able to hang around.  Pardon my anachronism.  Mr. Wells'  horrible death would have changed... something, right? 
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 12:07:16 PM »
Another milestone alert: The first time there were two scenes shown in the closing credits. [milestone]

Poor Amy, she certainly was starved for attention. [ghost_sad] When she asked for a goodnight kiss from Vicki, it was cute and sad at the same time. It's fascinating that Amy was able to hear the widows and dream that Chris was in trouble. It was a sweet moment when Elizabeth lied to Amy about Chris. [ghost_smiley]

I agree that Prof. Stokes should not have told Vicki the only way she could be with Jeff/Peter is through death. [signerror] After that, the writing was on the wall. Of course, she would go to Widow's Hill!  [ghost_undecided]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 03:06:30 AM »
I have a question didn't Vickie run out of her room with out a coat. There must be a coat closet in the hallway.

I wonder how worn the path is to Widows hill, It must be easy to see in the dark Vickie didn't have a flashlight. (But it has gotten a lot of traffic over the years.)

You are right when people are being to tough on Vickie, why doesn't anyone give her a chance to grieve.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 08:16:50 AM »
I wonder how worn the path is to Widows hill, It must be easy to see in the dark Vickie didn't have a flashlight. (But it has gotten a lot of traffic over the years.)
Yes, when Barnabas, on the night of the power outage in 1967, told Carolyn and Vicky about Josette's dash to Widows Hill, he mentioned something about her feet being cut by the sticks and stones on the way.  By this time the path must be worn so smooth that it might as well be paved.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 03:26:21 AM »
Yes, when Barnabas, on the night of the power outage in 1967, told Carolyn and Vicky about Josette's dash to Widows Hill, he mentioned something about her feet being cut by the sticks and stones on the way.  By this time the path must be worn so smooth that it might as well be paved.

Thanks, LOL
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 08:12:11 PM »
Maybe Betsy Durkin would have worked if they wouldn't have given her such a storyline. It's hard to care about it since I don't care for the New Vicki.

Maybe Strokes didn't like the New Vicki either. Hence the only way to get to Jeff is to die.!! [skull_winks]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books