Author Topic: Shadowgram Update #167 (Fest Dates & Location)  (Read 18185 times)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowgram Update #167 (Fest Dates & Location)
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »
Hey are we going to have any floaties in honor of JF. I really don't think that Jonathan will come, but he might do a video again or do a call. That would be great. Then they need to make the the event stream live for us that can't come. I know I'm dreaming.  I think it might be someone Alexandra M, or David H.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2007, 07:50:33 PM »
There is a floaty planned for later in the week, but it has nothing to do with JF or Barn. Actually, it's the return of a popular floaty from last year which commemorated one of the most infamous days in DS history. Perhaps you recall it?  ;)  But if not, you and everyone else will soon be reminded...

Offline CallieWL

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Tribute Page
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2007, 04:57:26 AM »
Who here remembers when there were Fests on both the West and East coasts every year? But those days are long gone.  ::sigh::

I remember MB. It was 1991 to be exact.  ;D  Los Angeles in June and Thanksgiving weekend in NY.  Ah, the good ole days.  :)

I remember those years.  It was financially, physically, and psychologically draining to go to two fests in a year.  Being the middle of the country, I had to fly for both.  We started to get pretty burned out doing that.  Going down to once a year was a blessing.  I was disappointed, though, that this one is not only half a "DS Weekend" but that it's in Tarrytown.  I do like the town (some excellent restaurants there), but the hotel is not convenient at all, and the big city attractions are a lot more trouble to get to.
I also remember what Janet was talking about at the bar and the lousy waiter accusing us of stiffing him on the bill.  For a NY fest, I'd rather it be in or close to Manhattan.  But since they dragged their feet for so long making the date announcement, I don't have the time off coming to do more than go just for the event and go home.  I know other people in the same position for the same reason.  Maybe that'll make it smaller and more managable.  Seems a shame, though.  Oh well....

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2007, 06:41:40 PM »
Hey guys - any idea when we will know about event tickets going on sale? I'm not subscribed to any newsletter, so if that's the way to get it, can you point me toward where I would subscribe to such a thing? Thanks, much love-

HC
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2007, 07:49:29 PM »
That news still has yet to be released. But as soon as it is, you can be sure it'll be posted on this board.  :)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2007, 01:25:21 AM »
yes the festival operates backwards. they sell out the hotel first, then they announce the convention details, then you can buy the tickets! lol

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2007, 08:53:12 PM »
Hey guys - any idea when we will know about event tickets going on sale? I'm not subscribed to any newsletter, so if that's the way to get it, can you point me toward where I would subscribe to such a thing?

Hey HC, Probably the best thing to do is to send in an SASE to the DSFestivalFolks.  That way, you could be on their mailing list and would get the info without having to wait for it to be posted.

Judy  [angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2007, 09:13:21 PM »
It's never a bad idea to get on the Fest's mailing list. But at the same time, the Fest doesn't mail out all the SASEs on the same day - and they don't all arrive at fans' homes all on the same day. So, even if one sends a SASE, it's no guarantee to receive the news before it's posted here.  ;)  However, it is often a good way to get your hands on the mail-in form before it's ever posted on the Fest's Web site.  :-   (Not that one positively needs the form to pay for a Fest membership, though...)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2007, 06:01:38 PM »
i received the festival mailing yesterday.

as i suspected the two day "celebration" is really more of a one day event.friday's activities don't start until 6pm.what with hotel check-in and all of the registration fuss that really only leaves saturday as a full day of scheduled events.

thus far only kathryn leigh scott,lara parker and marie wallace are on board in addition of course to jonathan frid(no diana millay?!).i can't believe karlen would pass up the opportunity to reunite with frid.

i don't get the fest this year.why when they get the show's biggest draw(frid)in attendence did they decide to scale back the whole thing and relegate it to an out of the way location?has anyone spoken to any of the organizers for the reasoning behind this? ???
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2007, 06:19:39 PM »
I believe it's because Frid prefers the smaller size/venue.

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2007, 09:26:34 PM »
Ah, so Lara will be there, too, very good!! I know it would be great if JK was there, too, he and Jonathan was always fond of each other, but Judy we get J and L at a Fest together, all right!!

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2007, 08:11:45 PM »
Although I think it would be nice to have a full fledged reunion I think with Mr Frid being there most of the interest will be directed toward him. I'm looking forward to a more intimate gathering myself.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2007, 11:04:51 PM »
i don't get the fest this year.why when they get the show's biggest draw(frid)in attendence did they decide to scale back the whole thing and relegate it to an out of the way location?has anyone spoken to any of the organizers for the reasoning behind this? ???

I was told by Jim (Pierson) that the plan was all along (before Frid signed on) was to have a small, day long event as has been done in the past in New York.  The attraction for Frid in attending was finding out the event was so scaled back and more intimate.   It made him want to get involved especially as this is the year Barnabas turns 40, so to speak.

Nancy