Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0005  (Read 1052 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0005
« on: October 23, 2019, 02:38:08 PM »
Robservations #5

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0005

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 02:41:05 AM »
 [Pump] Vickie has decided to leave and David decides to help her pack. She and Carolyn are in the eat in kitchen talking about her past as a foundling. Roger comes in with a letter from the home. I was under the assumption that she had left yesterday for Maine. Maybe there is no straight connection to Maine so she had to stay overnight in multiple towns, but then one would assume the mail also went by train.  Widows Hill is decidedly different form the exterior shots and the in studio ones.  This is where Vickie meets the extremely odd Sam Evans who recounts the tale of Josette Collins. In the end, Vickie pluckily decides to stay for all her tomorrows.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 02:26:33 PM »
As I read on another DS website, Lela Swift got Mark Allen fired for his harassing of AM and KLS.  Both threatened to leave otherwise.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 03:03:26 PM »
Not that I'm necessarily questioning the info but I'm wondering what the source is because I don't believe I've ever seen/heard that before. Very interesting...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 05:11:30 PM »
Joeytrom, if you're referring to Mark Masse's site, it looks to me to be half episode summary and half fiction.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 06:21:26 PM »
It's the Dark Shadows From the Beginning Site.  He says he has been able to separate the audio in the control booth from the sound and hears what Lela Swift and Dan Curtis are saying.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 06:58:02 PM »
He says he has been able to separate the audio in the control booth from the sound and hears what Lela Swift and Dan Curtis are saying.

And you believe him?

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 01:29:36 PM »
I checked on the links he provided to the audio, but I couldn't hear anything.
He also hasn't posted in a while.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 07:18:02 PM »
I just realized that this episode contains a monumental occurrence in DS history! It's the very first time we see -

- Vicki wearing a sleeveless dress!!  [milestone]

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 01:09:36 AM »
https://darkshadowsfromthebeginning.com/2017/12/23/episode-22-facts-and-justice-the-perils-of-mark-allen-concludes/

Pretty detailed crazy info, but even delusional people are detail-oriented I'd say.
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 06:53:58 PM »
I have two questions. Is David doing the widows' bidding or is he threatened by Victoria because he wants his mother back? The mom thing is totally plausible. But knowing what we know now, 50 years later,  so is the widows angle. And if the widows are talking to David is it because they know Vicki's fate? And do they care because she really is a Collins?  MB mentioned on the games board something regarding Paul Stoddard as a candidate for being Vicki's father. Our first hint of that is here in this episode as Carolyn makes the suggestion the Paul Left 18 years ago which coincidentally is when the $50 payments from Maine started arriving at the foundling home.

I like to amuse myself by pretending it is Roger that Vicki heard crying at two in the morning.

MB, it is correct to state that this is our first time seeing Vicki sleeveless in real time. But Vicki is wearing the same dress in her foundling home flashback in the diner in episode one.

Love the outdoor footage, especially the long shot of Vicki on Widows Hill.