Author Topic: Magda and Jenny--uhh when?  (Read 899 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Magda and Jenny--uhh when?
« on: November 22, 2002, 08:42:14 PM »
*****SPOILER*******

i've had a few vcr problems this week but what is Magda doing helping the Q-man?  Being friendly and all that jazz.  .what about Jenny?  When do we get an inkling that Magda knows Jenny and is gonna be bitter about Q's treatment of her?  Right now it seems like its something they decided to 'add' on. ..oh yeah, yeah. . let's make Magda . ..yeah yeah. . .
Julia99

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
Re: Magda and Jenny--uhh when?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 08:53:12 PM »
Yeah, but that always seems to be the case in these long, historical storylines.

Okay, so Barnabas goes back in time to save David by finding out the deal on Quentin.

Fine.

After that, everything seems peripheral--Laura, Trask, Rachel, the flap over the will--none of that will really help Barnabas save David, will it?

Not that it's not fun, mind you...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 09:27:10 PM »
I was noticing this too - right now Magda and Quentin almost seem to be friends.

SPOILER...

It's my belief that they didn't decide to make Quentin a werewolf or Jenny the sister of Magda until the last minute, like: "Oh wait, as long as we've got a gypsy, why don't we have her be Crazy Jenny's sister and curse Quentin into being a werewolf!"

One of the reasons that I LOVE 1897 is that it seems like they were making it up as they went along.
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2002, 11:46:21 PM »
Julia99 Wrote:

what is Magda doing helping the Q-man?  Being friendly and all that jazz.  

I think Magda would help anyone and as long as there's a price involved.  ;-)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2002, 12:06:01 AM »
One of the reasons that I LOVE 1897 is that it seems like they were making it up as they went along.

Yes, it certainly DOES seem that way, doesn't it?  And I'll bet that fact made the show a hoot for the actors to work in.....never knowing from one day to the next what new twist or turn their character would take.....what wild, unimaginable event would happen next.... Fire?...Flood?...Volcanic eruption?  The initial read-through of each day's dialogue must have taken hours what with frequent bursts of hysteria from the performers!! :D

But your short-term memory must be much better than mine, Cassandra B, because I'm really having a hard time keeping the marriages, alliances, and trysts straight....not to mention which supernatural creature is endowed with what powers and what weaknesses. [crazd]

rainypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas