Author Topic: DS Repetition....  (Read 3509 times)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: DS Repetition....
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 01:04:45 AM »
There is a problems when they repeat things. They mess thing up. Say one thing one day, another thing the next.

How many times did they mess up the dates 1795/ 1796.

Barnabas, rescuing Julia both time from the Vampire.

Maggie/Josette being attacked by a vampire, Barnabas, and Roxanne.

Judith also did a bricking up of a character by the name of Trask.

People going off to Wyndcliff,  or falling off the cliffs, when they were going to leave the show.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 02:36:29 AM »
People going off to Wyndcliff,  or falling off the cliffs, when they were going to leave the show.

You'd think a railing would be put up at some point... if a new DS happens, one of the first scenes should be Widows Hill, with a HUGE fence and alarm sirens that blow when any movement toward the edge is taken by anyone.... airhorns, flashing lights... and people still manage to fall off anyway!    Including the Old House staircase!   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 09:16:43 AM »
I think a distinction should be made between

A) simple repetition - e.g. two witch trials.

B) development of a theme - e.g. Trasks and brick walls: they go together like murder and mayhem.

C) unavoidable soap opera developments - e.g. wounds during an escape from jail: can you really imagine a break-out going without a hitch?

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 02:00:30 AM »
You'd think a railing would be put up at some point... if a new DS happens, one of the first scenes should be Widows Hill, with a HUGE fence and alarm sirens that blow when any movement toward the edge is taken by anyone.... airhorns, flashing lights...

[rofl10]  You reminded me of a cartoon in a way old issue of WODS. Crowd of women at the bottom of the cliff milling around, and a big sign with a count a LA McDonald's NUMBER SERVED signs.....

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 02:05:10 AM »
... All of my stuff was packed away in the back of a closet, never touched - and when I thought of the show, it was simply as a fond memory. It wasn't until the fall of  '85, when I happened to notice that DS was syndicated in my area, that I checked out an episode. And even then I refused to get back into it at first. But every time I had time off from work, I'd tune in. And I guess that was my "mistake" because just over four months from the time I tuned into that first ep I found myself buying a VCR and taping the show every day. ...

LOL MB -- had to comment because your "rediscovery" of the show was SOO much like mine. Just substitute being curious to see the show straight through since I caught episode one (as opposed to original run, when I came in with the werewoof plotline).  And change the year to the summer of 2001....

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 06:30:58 AM »
How about the fact that Windcliff had to have the WORST security of any hospital in Maine?  Maybe the whole country.  All those people who just "happened" to escape.  And it's funny.  You wonder why anybody ever bothered to drive there.  It was so much shorter to walk.  Maggie, Elizabeth, Amy, 'Tad' & 'Carrie' ALL walked back to Collinwood--without being seen, of course.

And talk about repeating things.  How about when you watch your favorite parts over and over?  Darned if those characters don't keep making the SAME mistakes no matter HOW many times you tell then what NOT to do.  Listen to me!  I have the benefit of foreknowledge! 

Judy
[9366]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 07:15:09 AM »
You'd think a railing would be put up at some point... if a new DS happens, one of the first scenes should be Widows Hill, with a HUGE fence and alarm sirens that blow when any movement toward the edge is taken by anyone.... airhorns, flashing lights... and people still manage to fall off anyway!    Including the Old House staircase!

LMAO.  That was quite funny and I needed that.  The Old House staircase was the best!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline bluefielder

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 02:25:38 AM »
How many times did someone try to strangle Julia?  [ghost_shocked]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 04:11:32 AM »
I don't know.   I recently started collecting the DVDS as I wanted to start from the beginning so I waited on The Collectors edition's to start being released.  Each episode I watch I am reviewing and writing notes about certain nuisances such as this. For example, how many sedatives did Julia pass out from the time she was on the show until our final glimpse of her?  As I have said before I am sure the number will be staggering.   [faint2]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 02:24:54 AM »
The staircase of the Old House and Blair House are the same. Or should I say house by the sea.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »
So the Old House staircase has a part-time job to supplement its income?  I always knew Barnabas didn't pay anything over minimum wage, and I imagine the staircase has several little staircases to feed and clothe.  I wonder where its true loyalties lie - with Barnabas or with Nicholas?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »
We only think we see the staircase in two houses at the same time because the Old House staircase from 1897 has I Chinged to 1968 to fill in at the Old House while the 1968 Old House staircase picks up extra money at Blair Evil Plan Headquarters.  Whatever happened to honor, to loyalty from one's staircase, I as you?   The world's goin' ta heck in a handbasket....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 04:18:49 PM »
the 1968 Old House staircase picks up extra money at Blair Evil Plan Headquarters.  Whatever happened to honor, to loyalty from one's staircase, I as you?   The world's goin' ta heck in a handbasket....

Or maybe it was spying for Barnabas - but just not doing a very good job of it.  [b003]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 03:22:57 AM »
We are CRAZY!! But one hell of a fun bunch we are!! [ghost_wink]