Author Topic: Festival Purchases anyone?????  (Read 933 times)

Offline Perankh

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Festival Purchases anyone?????
« on: July 08, 2002, 11:18:15 AM »
I wasted alot of money for me!

This was my first festival, and i bought 2 books - the DS Almanac as well as Shadows on the Wall.  I bought the poster they were selling at the Kathryn Leigh Scott Booth and got the free poster MPI  gave out when i bought a computer mouse - $8 and Barnabas DS Shirt($15)  The above two books and poster were around $48 all together if i remember correctly.  Also, i bought 2 glossy photos for $6 a piece - a bargain i thought - of Barnabas and Vicki.  So that was another $12.  So all together - around 80-90 dollars spent i didnt have because i dont have a job.  Im a 19 yo college student btw - if u r wondering why i have no job :o

I am way cheap generally, but i turned into a shopping whore! ;D

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
Re: Festival Purchases anyone?????
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 01:16:42 PM »
Well, hopefully I'm no shopping whore, but here goes...

Snazzy HODS mug, 2003 Calendar, Jekyll and Hyde Dan Curtis DVD and... erm... something like 50 photographs.

Yeah, actually... on second thoughts...

;)
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 12:56:02 AM »
oh dear.

22 (yes twenty two) 8 X 10 photos (inc. lobby cards from HODS)
(another) Barnabas Beach Towel
Two fan fic novels, a DS collectors guide, + and 1897 Concordance,
Selby's "My Mother's Autumn" (excellent book, btw ;)  )
renewal on "ShadowGram"
a small "Blue Whale" charm
A Bobubus Disney meets Dark Shadows 2002 T-shirt (gotta have! ;D)
a DS tote bag to haul all this stuff....

and one heck of a memorable time!

Karen #2
spend-slut-extraodinaire
"The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength"                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967

Offline Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2002, 03:20:26 AM »
Well, as usual, I loose "all control" on my DS collectible spending at the festival. . . . .this is an annual occurance for anyone who knows me ~ a brief rundown includes,
many, many photos from Jay Nass - also some original fan club stuff from him including the official Alexandra Isles fanclub bookmark, official fan club memberships cards from Donna Wandrey & Joan Bennett fan clubs,
a couple of buttons including the Bobubas Anaheim 2002 button ~~ extra calendars, festival programs, two charity auction items, original 1991 DS stationary and enevelopes from MGM, the last Famous Monsters magazine to have an interview with Lara Parker, a HODS souvenir mug, and a rather rare find for my collection.  There was a woman who was selling off her DS collection and had some rather rare items including the original 1968 Barnabas glo-glo poster (which she had professionally framed) and she had a rather obscure piece which turned out to be something that I never knew existedl.  In 1968, when the pink gum cards came out - retailers got mini-posters which they could display in the window - well, I was aware of these posters, because I have one in my collection, but she had one that was a little different. In turns out, she had happened to be in the store on the day the distributor for the DS pink gum cards were stocking the shelves.  He gave her not only the WE HAVE IT pink gum card poster - BUT a variation on this poster which to my knowledge, NO ONE ever knew existed.  Needless to say, my mouth opened and my chin hit the floor when I examined this piece  :o - which she had also had pro framed on acid-free backing.  SO, I dropped a chunk of change down on this piece - but again - this may now be one of the rarest pieces in my collection.  ;D

I think that does it - oh yes, I also picked up a Pomegranate Press portfolio from a dealer which had 8x10 photos and information about KLS company which was issued when the DS Companion came out a few years ago.

Thank goodness, the festival only comes once a year, LOL, but then again, there's always ebay <sigh> :-/

Dean
"We are ignorant of the beyond because this ignorance is the condition of our own life.  Just as ice cannot know fire except by melting and vanishing." - Jules Renard

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
:-XRe: Festival Purchases anyone?????
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 03:53:07 AM »
Well, as usual, I loose "all control" on my DS collectible spending at the festival. . . . .

glad to know I'm not the only one, LOL!! ;D

There was a woman who was selling off her DS collection and had some rather rare items including the original 1968 Barnabas glo-glo poster (which she had professionally framed)

whoops, my bad![blshy] She raised the price on that poster from $500 to $700 when I opened my big mouth saying I saw a near mint glo-glo Barnabas poster sell on eBay for $1000. I didn't think the shape hers was in, was in that great of condition compared to the eBay auction, but she raised the price anyway. D'oh! I'll zip-it next time ....
:-X

He gave her not only the WE HAVE IT pink gum card poster - BUT a variation on this poster which to my knowledge, NO ONE ever knew existed.  Dean

WOW!  :o what a find! Congrats on a such a rare acquisition!

K#2
&quot;The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength&quot;                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967