Author Topic: Favorite Set and Music  (Read 3392 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Favorite Set and Music
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2004, 06:35:10 PM »
I'm also a longtime fan of the foyer and drawing room.  But the mausoleum has always been another big favorite for my morbid imagination.  Don't ask me why, but that window to the left just inside the creaking wrought iron gate has always fascinated me.

On the musical side - I enjoy almost all the music with few exceptions (like Dom I'm not too wild about "I Wanna Dance with You" mainly because I feel they ran that one way into the ground).  I never seem to get tired of the background music and my favorite specific songs are a tie between Josette's and Quentin's themes.

And then one evening, while she sleeps, a vampire or some other horrible creature comes stalking down the secret passage in the darkness, ready to make a dramatic and frightening entrance, raising his arms (along with his cape, should be be wearing one) to attack when he smashes his big toe right into a crate filled with summer apparel, crying out:  "Son of a bi....!" as he starts hopping about, biting down on his finger.

LOL - you kill me Gerard!  If they ever decide to do a cartoon version of DS I think they really need to hire you to write it.   [lghy]
[/font]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2004, 04:14:16 AM »
Favorite set(s): the Collinwood terrace w/ fountain and iron gate; and Chris Jennings' cottage (preferably when he's there... in human form).
Favorite music: anything from the Blue Whale's jukebox (preferably when Carolyn is on the dance floor).

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2004, 03:33:45 PM »
Sandor is right ..the terrace w/fountain is good, especially when Julia is lighting up out there or dipping a hanky in it to calm herself. . .
Julia99

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2004, 08:12:12 AM »
Have to give it to the Mauseoleum also, several good bloopers, the lights blowing out with king Johnny and Magda covering up,  Barny chasing Angelique around the coffin, to see the stagehand sitting down on a crate, and Willie cracking his head as he exits the secret room.... I always wondered why no one noticed that from the outside the mauseoleum was much larger , but on the inside was maybe half that size...
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2004, 02:30:42 PM »
I liked the 'fishing shack'. I think this was re-done and is where Carolyn lives in 1995.

Fav music...."I wanna dance with you".

Patti

But I agree about Laura in the cottage!
What a Woman!

Offline Ricky101

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Lucille Ball Online
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2004, 02:15:08 PM »
I vote for the Old House - Especially the drawing room there, and Josette's room.

I like the music they play at the end with the "organ" at the end.  I LOVE that!

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Set and Music
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 05:07:02 AM »
Not sure if anyone will even see this, but I'd go with the old house drawing room and basement. Spooked me as a kid.

Are there scans of blueprints of the sets around anywhere?
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Set and Music
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 05:46:34 PM »
Blueprints of the sets?  I dunno, but I would guess some zealous fan has made rudimentary floorplans of both the Old House and of Collinwood.  Make a new question on the 'current talk' thread and see what you get.
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.