Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0589  (Read 740 times)

CTP/FITBs

Discuss - Ep #0589
« on: November 15, 2013, 05:40:47 PM »
Robservations #589

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0589

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »
It might've been more interesting if Carolyn had just turned up and offered to be the life force, without our knowing Nick had hypnotized her... we could have been as dumbfounded as Barnabas...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 08:12:40 PM »
After Roger drives her to tears, Carolyn sets a new record for the fastest departure from Collinwood--she leaves the house by the front door (carrying a suitcase) and less than five seconds later we hear her car driving off.

I agree, MT. That was a missed opportunity. But later, Barnabas returns to the Old House--and finds Carolyn calmly waiting for him with the stunning announcement that she is volunteering for the experiment. Apparently when Nicholas hypnotized her, he telepathically informed her of how Adam came into being. She seems to know but doesn't mind.

Meanwhile, Willie lights a cigarette off one of the candles in the secret room at the mausoleum as he tries to tell Maggie that the police will think she's crazy if she tells them about Barnabas. But she remembers everything--including that Willie helped Barnabas. She suspects Willie of being "like Him." Willie reaches out his hand so that she'll feel his human warmth, but she promptly faints, and he's able to leave without revealing the mechanism for opening the panel.

While Barnabas is thinking over everything Carolyn said, Willie bursts into the Old House in total panic. Barnabas doesn’t let Willie get a word in. Coldly he tells Willie, Adam tried to kill Vicki--and if Vicki had died, you would have been responsible. Barnabas makes one more attempt to strangle Willie, but Willie shrieks, Barnabas, please listen to me! Maggie remembers the Old House, she remembers everything--what you were! If she tells the police they’re gonna come here! They’re gonna get you, Barnabas, and they’re gonna destroy you!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 08:22:49 PM »
It's great when they've got two conflicting supernatural emergencies to deal with!   Only on DS........
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »
That's what I love about it! Well, one of the things I love about it.

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 11:10:05 PM »
I totally fell for Carolyn leaving for Boston bit, so it was a big surprise for me to see her turn up at the old house.
I liked Carolyn when she was under Barnabas' spell, and now Nicholas.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 06:43:52 AM »
Maggie calls Barnabas one of the living dead. I wonder why they are not using Vampire. Barnabas once again wants to kill Willie.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times