Author Topic: The Ubiquitous Dark Shadows Quilt  (Read 988 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
The Ubiquitous Dark Shadows Quilt
« on: March 05, 2002, 07:09:54 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

Did the quilt covering the bed in Mr. and Mrs. Jeremiah Collins' honeymoon suite look vaguely familiar to you?  I swear that I've seen that same quilt in many other DS locations.

For example, I've seen that same quilt draped over the couch in the living room of the Evans' cottage.  In addition, I think that same quilt was folded up on Adam's bed in the West Wing of Collinwood.  And I think that Julia placed the same quilt over Joe Haskell when she was treating Joe for his self-inflicted knife wound in Josette's room in the Old House.  

That darn quilt shows up in more placed than that hand-carved Count Petofi hand-in-the-box relic.  It's quite remarkable how well perserved both the quilt and the box have remained over the centuries.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who thinks Mrs. Johnson should use some more polish to help reduce some of those awful scuff marks on the furniture and wooden paneling at  Collinwood.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Ubiquitous Dark Shadows Quilt
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2002, 07:34:59 PM »
Ahhhh, the infamous Collins multi-colored afghan!   ;D My old theory was that crocheting hundreds of those was what kept Liz busy during the cloistered years. This was apparently a long-standing Collins tradition though since it shows up in nearly all (vertical and horizontal) time periods.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2002, 07:43:41 PM »
And I think that Julia placed the same quilt over Joe Haskell when she was treating Joe for his self-inflicted knife wound in Josette's room in the Old House.

SPOILER

Can I say slut on this board?? I mentioned that quilt on 1 or 2 boards ago and couldn't say the "s" word. . I was questioning why Barnabas was laying it over Julia after she'd been fanged by Tom. . .that quilt and someone at Collinwood, who's mightily attached to it, is doing some bed hoping. . .
Julia99

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2002, 08:11:24 PM »
At least the quilt is historically correct for the 18th century...what on earth was an acid green candle doing in the honeymoon suite?  I know it was the sixties, but really, what was the set decorater thinking?  You couldn't have created that color in 1795 with anything less than....witchcraft!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2002, 08:30:24 PM »
Perhaps the ever present Angelique!!! :o :o ;D
It is a good day because I am still ticking!