Poll

Who would you MOST like to see make an appearance at a Dark Shadows Fest?

Humbert Allen Astredo
Don Briscoe
Betsy Durkin
Elizabeth Eis
David Henesy
Kate Jackson
Jerry Lacy
Donna McKechnie
Alexandra Moltke
Addison Powell

Author Topic: Fest Guest Poll  (Read 3780 times)

Nancy

Re: Fest Guest Poll
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2004, 02:26:30 AM »
FYI, HHA went to one of the firstl DS fan conventions.

Nancy

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 02:28:34 AM »
Oh, I forgot to add that Addison Powell came to one of the NY Fan conventions in 1983, I believe it was. So did Joel Crothers.  Powell, from what I've been told, just didn't get it people getting together to discuss the show.

Nancy

Nancy

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2004, 02:32:54 AM »
Re Alex Moltke - I've met her twice in non-DS settings.  Very down to earth lady from what I could tell.  I've been told by others know her fairly well that she appreciates the continued in the series by the fans.

Nancy

i, of course, voted for alexandra.her elusiveness adds to her allure for me.i was unable to attend the museum of television and radio tribute to d.s. in 2001.i believe it is the only reunion alex has ever attended.where any of you guys there?if so, what was she like? :-*

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2004, 07:24:46 AM »
Well, I voted for Alexandra Moltke.  I tried to vote AGAIN for David Henesy, but I was only allowed to vote once!!  I also would like to see Don Briscoe and Mitch Ryan.  :D

Well, if I'm not mistaken, this post (#20) will make me go to the next level!!  We'll see if I'm right!!  ;)

----- Sally -----

:) ;) :D ;D :o ::) :P :-* 8)
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2004, 07:31:49 AM »
Oops!!  I'm STILL a "Newbie"!!  Maybe the "magic number" is 25!! LOL!!

Gee, I guess I can't post another post very quickly!!  I keep getting a message that says I have to wait 120 seconds!!  But I did!!  Is that a glitch?? ???

----- Sally -----

:) ;) :D ;D 8)
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2004, 08:34:42 AM »
(Isn't anyone going to vote for Addison Powell??   :'(  lol
The only reason I put him down is because he's such a damned nice man.  My friend and I talked with him on the phone (the same fateful evening we called Grayson)  ::)  and he was just so warm and friendly).

Well I just voted for him!  And like someone else had asked, I too wonder how old he is today?

Another one I'd like to see at the fest who wasn't on the list is Sharon Smyth (Sarah)  I'd love to hear what she's been up to these days. 

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2004, 10:04:02 AM »
Well I just voted for him!  And like someone else had asked, I too wonder how old he is today?

Ah....Bless You!!  lol
I was so happy to see Addison got a vote when I clicked on the poll!!

Another one I'd like to see at the fest who wasn't on the list is Sharon Smyth (Sarah)

Well, the only reason she's not on the list is because she was at the 1999 Fest and I was trying to come up with people I didn't think had ever been to one (or were only at one a long time ago).  There were lots of people I wanted to put on the list but it would have been way too long.  Didn't realize I should have put Anthony George!!  He's gotten at least 2 off-the-list votes.  Don't know how to re-figure the percentage!

You know who I wanted to put?  David Jay (Alexander)  lol
But from what I've seen on boards, it looks like I'm the only one who likes him!!  I thought he was really effective and spooky - gave me the creeps!  Plus I'm a sucker for little kids who don't pronounce their "r's".  I think it's cute.  lol

Anyway, I think someone should make another poll with some more obscure people -- you know, people who had minor roles and maybe only a few appearances (or maybe only 1 or 2).
People like Claude North, Damien Edwards, Mr. Best, Julianka, etc.  You know what I mean??

;D

PS  SALLY!  Did you know that posting stuff just to up your post count is prohibited by law in some states??  ROTFL   ;)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2004, 01:14:29 PM »
Wow !  Connie where **did** that photo of Donnie come from . .i know you said you don't remember but i haven't heard of anyone having a more recent photo of him. .. he still looks pretty good ..a few extra pounds but who of us doesn't have that. . .
Julia99

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2004, 02:58:52 PM »
..a few extra pounds but who of us doesn't have that. . .

Beats me.  Probably only David Selby (and he could use a few).   ;D

I've got about 25-30 extra.  How about you??

???
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2004, 03:58:50 PM »
Hi, Sally!  You're so cute.  :)

Well, I voted for Alexandra Moltke.  I tried to vote AGAIN for David Henesy, but I was only allowed to vote once!!  I also would like to see Don Briscoe and Mitch Ryan.  :D

This poll wasn't set up to allow more than one vote, but it's available as a poll feature.

Gee, I guess I can't post another post very quickly!!  I keep getting a message that says I have to wait 120 seconds!!  But I did!!  Is that a glitch?? ???

Receiving the error is counted as a post submission and then you have to wait another 120 seconds.  And the limit also includes sending PMs.  Drives me nuts-- I send a lot of messages.  Anyway, I can't say what was happening when you got the error without some combing of the db, but the feature is very accurate and since you said you kept getting the message I'm guessing it was at least one of those situations.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2004, 04:16:50 PM »
From Joe Integlia's DS Gallery, here's Don Briscoe from 1990:

http://mrjuggins.0catch.com/joe/integ4.htm

and Addison Powell:

http://mrjuggins.0catch.com/joe/integ9.htm

and Joe's pic of David Jay:

http://mrjuggins.0catch.com/joe/integ12.htm

The site seems to be disappearing, so I can't say how much longer these will be available.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2004, 11:49:33 AM »
These pictures are great! Are you saying that the site that houses the pictures is not going to be there for much longer? That's a shame if it's true.  Addison looks great with the pipe.

Hurray! Only 27 more days until the Fest!!!!
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2004, 12:56:12 PM »
? who i voted for????? still love ya Donnie! :-*
my goal is just to get to a fest still doing the milage from Boston as i can't drive that far yet!

jennifer
and Steve Happy Early BDay! :-*
Thanks Connie!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2004, 11:20:23 PM »
Gee, I guess I can't post another post very quickly!!  I keep getting a message that says I have to wait 120 seconds!! ???

the limit also includes sending PMs.

The 120-second limit now only applies to posts.  Sending PMs is now a totally separate thing with no time limit.  ;D