Author Topic: Characters who tempt you to fast-forward  (Read 11331 times)

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
Re: Characters who tempt you to fast-forward
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2006, 02:24:27 AM »
I was looking for DS fanfic. and thank you so much for the great sites, Pansity! I'm off to read and read and read! [read] [book2] [read2]

You're quite welcome.  When I first got hooked on DS thru the web, I had already been active in mediafandom for many years.  So, I knew what I was looking for and have a TON of stuff bookmarked. (Fanfic addict extraordinare, that's me!)  So feel free to PM me any time for more links and stuff so we don't go disgracefully OT here.

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline bluefielder

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2008, 01:21:05 AM »
Peter Bradford/Jeff Clark/Ned Stuart/Dirk Wilkins/Charles Delaware Tate.

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2008, 05:19:52 PM »
Definitely disagree there.  LP is a good actor with definite screen presence.  Her performance as Angelique certainly outshines Geoffrey Scott's acting as Sky by leaps and bounds.  Geoff was easy on the eyes, but rather wooden acting-wise.  LP's performances weren't at 100% in every single episode (who was always at 100% every time really except maybe Louis Edmonds?), but when she was on her game, Parker was certainly as good as the best actors in the series IMO.

LP was one of the few that made it into the movies from DS  (other than NODS)

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2012, 07:13:57 AM »
As a kid, I didn't like either Amanda/Olivia or Roxanne Drew. Their performances were kind of weak but they were both young and inexperienced. Donna Wandrey has turned into a very good actress.

As an adult, it's Jerry Lacy and Jim Storm a little difficult to watch. Dial it down a bit, boys. You don't have to chew all the scenery.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2012, 03:20:38 PM »
Ha, great topic, sorry I never noticed it before.  I never really warmed up to Roxanne, either, to be honest.  I think I found Sky Rumson to be one of the most boring, though.  Funnily enough, I always adored Jerry Lacy's scenery-chewing  [snow_laugh]

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2012, 10:45:54 PM »
Those weeks during PT when most of the cast was off filming HODS are a chore to get through, particularly the Cyrus Longworth/John Yaeger scenes.  It's obvious that the writers were in a holding pattern at this point in the series, stalling for time until the "Old Guard" returned.

For similar reasons, I get impatient with 1841PT.  I suspect that once the decision was made to cancel the show, the writers were forced to drag out the lottery business further than they would have had the show not been cancelled.