Author Topic: Shadows On the Wall, Ch. 63  (Read 470 times)

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
Shadows On the Wall, Ch. 63
« on: December 02, 2002, 11:28:43 AM »
Halloo, boys and ghouls,

Well, my friends, this is it:  the end of 1897.  Not as you saw it or remember it from the original series, but as we've reworked it -- tweaked it a bit, I guess you'd say, since Vicki Winters was long gone by the time they went back on the show -- for our ongoing round robin, "Shadows On the Wall".  We're currently in our third year of working on this, and we've been building to this grand guignol finale the entire time.  600 pages  and 60 some chapters later, and here we are.  I'd like to take a minute right now just to thank anyone who has ever perused our little saga, or followed along with us faithfully from the get-go ... you know who you are, and we the writers appreciate it ... oh yes indeedy we do!  So ... thanks!  

(And a special thanks to Schmoopie for letting me read it aloud for over an hour while she endured a migraine ... you're the best cyber-fiancee a gay Montanan farm boy ever had!)

So this is the way the world ends ... not with a bang, but a whimper, as Vicki and Co. discover as they face off against Petofi ... again ... and again ... and again.  The evil rotten jerk has taken over the body of the man Vicki loves (past, present, and future), and she has to brave the darkness she never knew lay within herself to get him back.  Meanwhile, in the present, as Barnabas lies in stasis while the I Ching does its time travel thing, Julia Hoffman (or the ghost of said dead doctor) has to protect her beloved from a pair of no-goodniks who are ... well ... up to no good.  

Nothing will be the same for anyone again.  Times are changing.  Relationships are changing.

And there's still big darkness ahead.

Check it out at the archive we owe completely to Tim "Mastermind" Choate:

http://members.tripod.com/~MrJuggins/shadows/wall.htm
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"