Author Topic: Favorite Tongue-tied Lines Of Dialogue  (Read 3322 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Tongue-tied Lines Of Dialogue
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 04:56:32 PM »
My favorite flub has to be when, in 1897, Barnabas is going to try and cure Quentin of being a zombie (I think this is when this flub happened, been a while since I've seen the scene) and Barnabas says, "I'm going to see if Magda has the Mir and the....uh...oh the things that she needs!"  Poor Jon!  ;)
Watch KLS in this scene.  When JF gets tongue-tied, she starts to laugh and puts her hand up to her mouth to hide it.

Okay, I went and watched this scene and not only is KLS not laughing, she's not even putting her hand to her mouth.  I watched it 3 times and never took my eyes off her.  Are you sure it was this particular scene and not another?
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 11:24:42 PM »
My favorite flub has to be when, in 1897, Barnabas is going to try and cure Quentin of being a zombie (I think this is when this flub happened, been a while since I've seen the scene) and Barnabas says, "I'm going to see if Magda has the Mir and the....uh...oh the things that she needs!"  Poor Jon!  ;)
Watch KLS in this scene.  When JF gets tongue-tied, she starts to laugh and puts her hand up to her mouth to hide it.
Okay, I went and watched this scene and not only is KLS not laughing, she's not even putting her hand to her mouth.  I watched it 3 times and never took my eyes off her.  Are you sure it was this particular scene and not another?

Just watched it to make sure.

It's the scene in which Barnabas is talking to Rachel, Carl, and Judith.  KLS is a bit obscured by Joan Bennett so it's hard to see, but she definitely puts her left hand up to her mouth after pursing her lips together and sort of tensing up, as if she's suppressing a laugh.  The moment passes more quickly than I remember, and the picture quality isn't the clearest, but to me it looks as if KLS starts to laugh and then pulls it together before really losing it.

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 03:05:21 AM »
"My Cousin, Uncle Jeremiah"
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 03:18:11 AM »
There is one scene from 1897 that is a good one...Angelique has failed to get the Amulet from Aristede,so Barny tries his luck....Aristede hears rustling in the bushes and B appears, i think they exchange "Who are yous"??  then Barnabas out of the blue comes up with "I would gladly go, but you will not let me" or something to that affect...  Watch Aristedes face go directly for the cue cards, i am sure he is thinking  "where the heck did he come up with that line"??
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 04:23:45 PM »
In episode 413, Sarah is talking to Naiomi:

Sara:  "You see, Jereh...Joshua...(sigh)...Josette's been so sad for such a long time..."

All those darned people to keep track of.   ;D

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 05:14:01 AM »
This isn't really a flubbed line of dialogue, but I love Mrs. Johnson's eyelids fluttering uncontrollably in her big "death" scene in 1995!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 08:11:48 PM »
i caught a good one last night.

when liz and carolyn are taking sactuary at the rumson house on little winiward island jeb phones liz with some instructions.he's supposed to tell liz to pretend that she's on the phone with mrs.johnson but instead tells her something like "under no circumstances are you to tell anyone mrs.johson called".liz however follows up with the intended dialouge and proceeds to pretend that it's mrs.johnson on the other end of the line. ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 03:32:31 AM »
My favorite has to be Roger's "incestors" flub--especially given the puritanical bent of tv at the time!
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Widows Wail

• Junior Poster
  • .. and things that go bump in the night..
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 09:41:38 AM »
My favorite has to be Roger's "incestors" flub--especially given the puritanical bent of tv at the time!

Since I recently watched the first six DVD's I just heard this line, even my stoic hubby cracked up....
"All I can say is, Barnabas Collins must be a wonderful man." - Mrs. Johnson

Widows Wail

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2006, 01:52:06 PM »
The incenstors/ancestors line was hilarious!

There's a line from Joe during the Laura storyline from 1967: "Tell Mr. Guthrie I'm, I'm, I'm I'm on my way" that always makes me laugh! I mean I Joel Crothers hardly flubbed his lines but that one time he did I was cracking up. ;D