Author Topic: Dr. Woodard and others  (Read 3127 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Woodard and others
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2004, 01:05:57 AM »
it would have have been cool too to have burke come back and re-claim vicki from that yucky jeff clark.at that point in the show it would have been nice to have another human around and not some stupid monster. ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2004, 07:17:49 PM »
hmmmm, I have been trying to watch the dvds in order and have not even reached the 1795 Flashback yet.  I may have to skip forward to meet Jeff who seems to not be very popular! :)
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline danfling

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2004, 06:15:24 PM »
I had always thought that the show had written off Anthony George as Burke.      The actor was not as popular as Mitchell Ryan, and the story of Victoria and Barnabas was heating up.    Plus, having Burke die in an airplane crash made it better to bring him back than it would if Barnabas had simply killed Burke onscreen.

Then, the show, when it moved to 1795, invited back two of its actors:   Anthony George and Thayer David.   Both of their characters had died.     I am a little suprised that Frank Shofield was not asked back.   He could have played one of the judges.     Maybe he was asked back.

I am curious about why the original Sam and Matthew were replaced.

And, I ALWAYS liked the original Willie better than John Karlen. 

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2006, 03:20:04 PM »
And, I ALWAYS liked the original Willie better than John Karlen.

Wow, there's actually someone who likes James Hall (the actor who played the 1st Willie) better than John!

Well different strokes for different folks. ;)

Hall was okay (thought I feel John was the better Willie hands down) as the resident creep,but that's all I think he would have been good at. I don't think he would have been able to pull off the conscious-stricken, honorable guy Willie later became. And I definitely can't see Hall pulling off the characters of Carl, PT Will Loomis, Desmond and Kendrick Young.

I have to agree that Robert Gerringer was the best of all the Dr. Woodards. [spoiler]Woodard's death[/spoiler] would have been a lot more powerful if he had still been playing him until the end. They got rid of him because of a picket line?, that is stupid! >:(

edited

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 06:37:23 PM »
I too agree Robert Geringer was the best to play Woodard, not that the second Woodard wasn't good, it just seems like Geringer played a doctor so very well. [spoiler]His death[/spoiler] has always bothered me even though it wasn't Geringer who played that last appearance, because I can picture Geringer doing it, and it's just so sad!  :(

I think it would have been interesting if they could have kept Woodard on the show, and perhaps they could have if [spoiler]Barnabas hadn't gone in to such a panic and killed him.[/spoiler]

Poor Dave!  :'(
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 09:06:38 AM »
I too agree Robert Geringer was the best to play Woodard, not that the second Woodard wasn't good

I'm glad to see somebody put in a good word for Peter Turgeon (who was actually the third Woodard).  He's a bit of a shock at first, after Robert Gerringer, but I got to like him.  He gave me a feeling of solid integrity:  I had absolutely no doubt that he preferred death to dishonor.  Not as much fun as Gerringer's Woodard, though.