Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1133  (Read 509 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1133
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:40:01 PM »
Robservations #1133

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1133

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 02:04:49 AM »
Trask said he found no record of Barnabas dying in England. So he's had time to write to write to Englnd and then get an answer, not to even mention the fact there may be no records. Quentin has hung the Portrait of Barnabas in the foyer. Trask meet Valerie.
Q finds Johanna's grave.
Trask can't wait to scurry off and tell Roaxanne about Valerie. Roxanne confronts her great love who,is saddened to learn the truth. Valerie realizes she is the one and is furious. She puts a spell on Roxanne and opens her neck wounds.
Q confides to Barnabas he was building a stairway through time.
Barnabas and Valerie argue over Roxannes life and unless they are reunited as man and wife, Roxanne will die a vampire.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 08:20:07 PM »
The only interesting part about the Lamar/Quentin scene was the throwaway mention of Frank Mills. It's the name of one of my favorite songs from Hair. Could this Frank have had gold chains on his leather jacket, with the words Mary, Mom and Hells Angels on the back?
The Lamar/Valerie business is somewhat more interesting. She's genuinely surprised to see a Trask amongst the pigeons. And, once learning that she is Mrs. Barnabas Collins, he runs off to rub this in Roxanne's face.
Angelique is up to her usual demands with Barnabas. Basically, act like my husband. Or else. She is fascinated with his relationship with Julia and can't figure out what bonds them together. She's not his sister. She's not a fellow vampire. She's not in his thrall. But he is not in love with her, so Julia is safe. Ha!
Roxanne chooses to enter at a very inopportune moment. She is crushed that Barnabas led her on. And leaves in tears. Angelique puts two and two together and, while Julia may not be in danger, Roxanne is sure going to be.
I love Lara Parker and it's great to have her back but I am not enjoying this incarnation of Angelique as much. This Angelique is much more of a one note villainess. The depth that the character gained during 1897 and the Leviathan story is gone. [spoiler]She will mellow somewhat as the story progresses but to me, it's much more forced.[/spoiler] And, while this Angelique has come directly from 179whatever, Julia and Barnabas have not. A line or two to indicate how different Angelique is from Mrs. Rumson would have been a great help in making their actions clearer.
Fade Away and Radiate