Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1133  (Read 946 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1133
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1133
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 10:48:52 AM »
Did Jerry Lacy prompt D Selby by saying "Joanna" just as Selby was supposed to, leading Selby (apparently just needing to hear the "J" sound to remind him of the name), to drown Lacy out a split second later, by saying his own "Joanna", so that both actors are saying (almost shouting) the name "Joanna" together?

Lamar: "Barnabas Collins has exquisite--"  He's cut off.   I guess Lamar like the Fill-In-The-Blank game too.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:21:37 PM »
It was absolutely hilarious to see Valerie/Angelique at a loss for words at the sight of Lamar Trask!

Poor Barnabas--this is definitely not his day, or rather, night. How cruel of Valerie to offer him tea.

And we get to hear the genesis of the Stairway through Time!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »
Angelique is impressively dense.  She did the whole "Do as I say or someone you love will be hurt" thing with Barnabas in 1795, and it didn't work.  And now here she is doing the exact same thing all over again.  Quite aside from the fact that she's a nasty piece of goods, she's also just plain tiresome.

She has apparently dropped the question of "Who is Julia?" just when it was starting to interest me.  She knows that Barnabas was in his coffin from the 1790s until last year, and yet he has found himself a devoted friend.  Barnabas isn't telling Angelique that he has travelled from 1970, and I'm very glad to see that he has that much sense.  We don't need another Cassandra incursion in the present time.  Julia, therefore, has to be quite a mystery to Angelique.  And thinking about that, I am led to think about how very near Angelique came to finding 1840 Barnabas instead of 1970 Barnabas.  What a volcanic meeting that would have been!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:05:49 PM »
Well, Angelique's single-minded, and this isn't the Ang who's been through this repeatedly, she's only done this witrh Barnabas once before from her 1840 perspective, and she's just completing the job.   As for it being tiresome for the viewer, I will say that they don't seem to be dragging it out.   I liked the abrupt meeting with Barnabas, instead of their spending days or weeks leading up to it as in 1897 (which was great and appropriate then).   She gets to work fast, radar peeled for rivals, and she settles on Roxanne and acts.   I think this is why her focus is temporarily off of Julia, though she'll get back to her eventually.   In the meantime, we get those strange uncomfortable looks between the two!

You brought up 1840 Ang chasing Barnabas into 1970, raising the possibility of two Angeliques existing at the same time because of time travel.   She wouldn't have been the same Ang with the same experiences who followed him directly from 1795.   When my eyes and weird insomnia and wrists permit (I have to mention it somewhere), I'm starting a thread on explaining 1840 Ang.   There must be two of them.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 02:34:50 AM »
Actually, there already were two versions of Angelique in the present time.   After 1897, she spent the years traveling the world and eventually met Sky Rumson, most likely around 1969.  So while in 1968 Cassandra/vampire Angelique was causing mischief, the later Angelique (post 1897) was in New York modeling.

You brought up 1840 Ang chasing Barnabas into 1970, raising the possibility of two Angeliques existing at the same time because of time travel.   She wouldn't have been the same Ang with the same experiences who followed him directly from 1795.   When my eyes and weird insomnia and wrists permit (I have to mention it somewhere), I'm starting a thread on explaining 1840 Ang.   There must be two of them.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 03:25:51 PM »
Heh. Looks like they spray-painted that gown on Lara Parker. Can you say snug?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.