Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0860  (Read 805 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0860
« on: October 09, 2009, 10:05:02 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0860
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »
Naturally Kitty is caught and uses her possession to free herself from suspicion.   We learn from Quentin with Petofi's mind that Gerald Soames died a jewel thief.  What an interesting story.  Too bad the writers seem to save in most interesting stories for the backstory and it's never shown.
This episode features no less than three characters who are dual personalities.  Quentin/Petofi, Kitty/Josette, and Charity/Pansy. 
There is a seance.  They are always fun and I know who the figure in the door is and it's about time.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 04:05:19 AM »
Nice catch, alwaysdavid, on the split personalities!  [128]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 04:15:57 AM »
I am surprised that Quentofi didn't seek retribution against Kitty for trying to steal his portrait. I figure he knows that Petoftin put her up to it...still Petofi hasn't exactly proven to be the understanding and forgiving type, now has he?

Maybe his half-hearted attempt to discredit her and blacken Gerald Soames' memory in front of Edward was his way of lashing out.

It was nice of Charipansy to give Kitty's bracelet back after agreeing to help her.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »
Pansy doesn't waste any time when she holds a séance.  No messing around with "We seek a spirit."  No, she jumps straight to "Are you spirits here yet or what?"  I suddenly imagined the drawing room swarming with spirits.  Incidentally, I was thinking to myself that it was quite daring of her to hold a séance.  Charity may be out there looking for an opportunity to reclaim her own body.

I was surprised that Angelique hadn't heard yet about Julia's disappearance.  I would have thought she would have checked up on her a bit more.  And Angelique was planning to go away the following night!  Apparently Petofi was planning to go through with the marriage and go off with her, and, I suppose, continue his experimentation with I Ching elsewhere.  Was he planning to take Aristede along?  Angelique might have smelt a rat if he did.

Kitty's wonderfully tough - turning her weakness into a strength.  Meanwhile, we learned a little more about what happened to Gerald, assuming that Petofi's telling the truth - but I think that's a safe assumption.  I don't remember any of this, so I don't know if we get any more information.  When was Edward in England?  Quite some time ago, if Gerald has been tried for theft and served a jail sentence since Edward was there.  Gerald should have committed suicide before his jail sentence rather than after - isn't that the stiff-upper-lipped British way of doing things? - but for all I know it was impossible, owing to some detail of Petofi's persecution.

What does Kitty think of Gerald?  She acts like a loyal, grieving widow, but that doesn't prove anything.