Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1173  (Read 776 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1173
« on: March 16, 2011, 10:34:34 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1173
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
I think Samantha should be on trial for witchcraft, not Quentin.  With her faked letters, she's brought Joanna back from the dead!

I wonder what possession of Barnabas's was held by Leticia as she tried to make find Barnabas psychically.

And gee, Angelique may not, as she says, be clairvoyant, but I'm sure that she's clever enough to find some way to locate Barnabas remotely.  Angelique in this part of 1840 is a strange, rewritten creature.  Does the effort to be a good person deplete her of her wits?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
We get yet another telling of the events of 1692, as Julia discovers--at last!--that Valerie/Angelique = Miranda.

Didn't Angelique draw a pair of great big googly eyes to find Ben back in 1795? I think she's used other methods of scrying as well, over the years. Are the writers trying to hint to us that she's losing her powers now that she's apparently genuinely in love with Barnabas?

In any ordinary household, the governess wouldn't have lunch in the dining room, but in the nursery with her charges. But that allows us to hear Samantha comment that Gerard gave D. "the look of a man and a woman." Gerard's best line: Oh, I desire women who are jealous!

Evidently Dawson hasn't yet rested his case, because Desmond has been subpoenaed to testify for the prosecution. What the heck crazy kind of trial is this anyway?

And evidently Samantha has planted one letter too many....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 10:18:11 PM »
I think Lara dropped her Ang voice this time for the VO.

It's not impossible that Angelique went through a humanizing personal transformation leading to her lifting of the curse, but it's disconcerting that it happened offscreen.

Daphne is nicely decisive, declaring Gerard the enemy and citing exact reasons.

We never really find out what dream life situation Judah was shooting for, and working toward.   Maybe it's a Collinwood where he's the Satanic master, surrounded by his Satanically enslaved harem of all the women in Collinsport.   He's planning on filling all those bedrooms....

1840 is a dark, creepy, unreal cul-de-sac for me, inexplicably separate from real history, which gives it an interesting vibe.   

I don't think Ang has lessening powers, since she was able to lift the curse, but she's not as experienced as the Ang we've seen in other storylines... though shouldn't she be more experienced?   The Ang we saw before we reached 1840 had lived for perhaps a few months after leaving 1796, bouncing around time after Barnabas, without having to live through those centuries.   1840 Ang however did no time travelling and is actually forty-five years older in real time than 1796 Ang.

Anyway, I think meeting Judah again eroded her self-confidence, possibly leading her to be more defeatist.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor