Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1096  (Read 842 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1096
« on: November 01, 2010, 11:30:03 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1096
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 10:04:32 AM »
Um...Magnus, I think you're getting ahead again.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 10:27:38 AM »
For a few minutes there, it looked as though the good guys might win.  There was a vision in my head of Quentin arriving at Rose Cottage - big Rose Cottage - in the nick of time, vanquishing Gerard and Daphne, and saving David and Hallie.  But of course Gerard and Daphne had everything under control.  Quentin didn't fall under Daphne's spell today, but only because she didn't need him to, and I suppose Daphne left the picture of Rose Cottage so that Quentin would find Tad and Carrie there and assume they were David and Hallie, ripe for the saving.

In the end, when David and Hallie were alone in that room at Rose Cottage, I was sure the camera was going to draw back and we were going to discover they were in the dollhouse.  But it didn't.  Was my idea that David and Hallie (not to mention Carolyn, Elizabeth, Roger, and the kitchen sink) would be miniaturized into dolls all a trick played on me by the invading ghosts?  Is there a supernatural relationship between Rose Cottage the dollhouse and Rose Cottage the old Magruder place?  And who were the Magruders anyway, and why is the Magruder place vacant?  I'm surprised that Quentin was able to identify Rose Cottage as the old Magruder place.  He's from 1897, and I doubt that he's taken much of an interest in the current status of any Collinsport residences other than Collinwood.

Gerard appears to be approaching the culmination of his plot, but I still don't understand why he wants what he wants.  Why does he care about having Tad and Carrie there?  Oh, well, maybe he doesn't know.  Maybe he just knows that they have to be there.

Gerard and Daphne seem to have had, right from the start, all the power they needed over David and Hallie, as well as over everybody else they wanted to enslave.  I'm guessing that the delay in the final takeover has been because Tad and Carrie weren't ready.  At first, Tad and Carrie had no idea of what was going on, and apparently didn't realize that David and Hallie existed: one of them would occupy a body without realizing that the other had not.  In the next stage, they knew of David and Hallie, and wanted to be friends, not realizing that they would be staging a takeover of David's and Hallie's bodies instead.  And now they know what has to be done, and they're doing it.  "Goodbye, David."  "Goodbye, Hallie."  So much for being friends.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 02:26:31 AM »
Magnus, your post has been removed only until a moderator is able to fix it so it can be merged into the correct topic.

Meanwhile, the next ep for you to review is #1098.  Thanks!  [hall2_smiley]