Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0762  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0762
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 12:26:32 AM »
I'm sure the idea of the finger-lickin' good potion on the pages was lifted from some classic literary work, but I can't remember which.  Still, Tim should have been surprised that Mr. Hanley was pleased to have him messing up the book that way.

I'm having trouble imagining Trask enjoying going to the theater - as part of the audience, anyway.  I'm sure he would love hamming it up on stage.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he started out that way.

How much do the residents of the school know of the discord between the Reverend and Mrs. Trask?  I can't believe they could hide it for long.  You'd think we would have heard some chatter about it behind the backs of the Trasks, but we haven't heard a thing.

I particularly liked this line (as best I can remember it) from Hanley to Trask: "Tell me what my reputation is worth."  But the whole episode was an especially good one.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 01:15:44 AM »
I'm sure the idea of the finger-lickin' good potion on the pages was lifted from some classic literary work, but I can't remember which.

Arabian Nights?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 06:53:39 AM »
I'm having trouble imagining Trask enjoying going to the theater - as part of the audience, anyway.

I think Trask would have enjoyed the fact that it was something rich people did.   He'd drink in the surroundings, who else was there, etc..
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 07:14:23 AM »
I'm sure the idea of the finger-lickin' good potion on the pages was lifted from some classic literary work, but I can't remember which.  Still, Tim should have been surprised that Mr. Hanley was pleased to have him messing up the book that way.

My high school French teacher described a movie called La Reine Margot where this happened.  According to imdb, the movie was based on a Dumas novel.

ProfStokes

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 09:01:30 AM »
My high school French teacher described a movie called La Reine Margot where this happened.

Strange, I had a chance to get that for $1 on VHS at the Salvation Army yesterday.... I couldn't carry the 20 tapes i wanted and so had to prune some.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 02:44:31 PM »
Neat.  I'm contemplating going on a French kick in my reading, and La Reine Margot would fit in nicely.  Thanks, ProfStokes!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2009, 08:52:41 PM »
This was a truly entertaining episode. I laughed my head off watching Trask make Evan squirm. Evan tried in vain to convince Trask it was only a 'harmless interlectural experiment' he and Quentin were performing, but Trask wasn't buying it. Trask is many things, but stupid he's not.

And Trask's remark:"You called the devil and you got me." I've yet to see the difference between the two. [ghost_grin]

So much for the 'blissful' marriage of Gregory and Minerva Trask. As one can see, even though they can be utter bullies to other people, they aren't really a match made in heaven as they may have others believe. I doubt this is the first time they've gotten into it either over another woman. Gregory did imply that Minerva has made other such accusations about him and another woman in the past.

I think Quentin enjoyed planting the doubt about Minerva about her husband and Judith, not just to get Trask off his back but also because he does seem to enjoy causing trouble in meddling in other people's affairs.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 11:07:30 PM »
And Trask's remark:"You called the devil and you got me." I've yet to see the difference between the two. [ghost_grin]
The devil doesn't masquerade as a man of God?  [ghost_wink]