Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0219  (Read 1034 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0219
« on: May 26, 2012, 03:56:27 PM »
Robservations - #219

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0219

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 12:26:24 AM »
WELCOME, DR. DAVE WOODARD (NO. 1)!!! In this first incarnation, he's played by Richard Woods and is tall and rather austere. What happened to kindly old Dr. Reeves, who treated Roger's injuries in the bleeder valve story?

The phone directory for Collinwood is surprisingly thick--unless all of Maine had a single phone book back then.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
Until Roger came along, everybody who saw Willie in his current state started to think something was seriously wrong.  Roger looks at John Karlen's beautifully acted weak, weary, and wary Willie, and says Willie's faking it.  I suppose it's pure coincidence that Louis Edmonds had trouble with his lines today.  Be that as it may or may not be, now that Roger's made the connection between Willie and the cows, he's surely going to decide not that Willie's a victim, but rather that it's all Willie's fault - and of course that would have some truth in it.

I'm having trouble suspending disbelief as to Willie's condition during this round of watching.  I keep thinking of James Hall, whose performance I hadn't seen the last time I watched these episodes, and wondering how it would have looked.  And my conclusion is that one problem with James Hall's performance was that during this week, when we are given to understand that Barnabas is doing dreadful, unspeakable, perverted things to Willie, I might have suspected that James Hall's Willie was actually enjoying it, because Hall's Willie was definitely more of a pervert than Karlen's Willie is.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 05:20:41 PM »
The phone directory for Collinwood is surprisingly thick--unless all of Maine had a single phone book back then.

I noticed that too. No doubt someone grabbed a NYC directory for the scene.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 06:14:52 AM »
The Sheriff returns to reveal that Colin's farm cattle are being drained by a person of heir blood, along with other farmers cattle so it is not someone out to get the family. Willie is not sick just suffering from a loss of. Look and his wounds have healed quickly.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 05:11:08 AM »
JK is doing a great job. But why does it always seem so dark at Collinwood. At times from the story line you would think it was day, but it looks dark.  Maybe it just the overcast.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate