Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0231  (Read 1192 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0231
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:20:10 AM »
Robservations - #231

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0231

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 11:13:46 AM »
I have great trouble believing that Robert Gerringer's Dr. Woodard is the same person as Richard Wood's Dr.Woodard.  Today's Dr. Woodard noted that the puncture wounds on Maggie's neck were not there the last time he examined her, and I thought to myself that that would have been some time ago, but it was just the other day.  So, when Barnabas bit her before, he was careful not to bite her where anybody would see the marks - but where did he bite her?  And when did he bite on the neck?  My impression was that he didn't bite her in the cemetery.

I've never quite understood about the dogs howling when a vampire is agitated.  Is it that they're sensing something we humans cannot?

Joe was in the living room during Dr. Woodard's examination.  That surprised me, but then I remembered Joe and Maggie aren't married, and they're being proper.  My mind leaped forward to them being together during an examination after they're married, and then together for an examination of a child, and then, in old age, the child grown up and being there for the examination of one of them while the other one is too weak to help.  All the space of an instant.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 01:22:57 PM »
I wish Robert Gerringer stayed on DS, though the NABET strike would not to have happened of that.

[spoiler]Was Woodard killed off because RG left and they decided to write the character out or was it planned that way?  I know BC was to be killed off by Burke & Woodward around this same timeframe. 

It was odd they wrote out both "hero" type characters and left the villian without any hero to take their place.  [/spoiler]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »
I think the dogs sense the presence of something not of this world, something beyond our mere human senses are unable to detect. Besides, if the humans at Collinwood suspect Barnabas, there wouldn't be much of a story.

Welcome Robert Gerringer as Dr. Dave Woodard no. 2!

Interesting riff on Joe's waiting outside while Dr. Woodard examines Maggie. Dr. Woodard says that unless Maggie gets some blood, she'll "go down into shock." By a happy coincidence, she and Joe have the same blood type, so they can keep it in the family, so to speak.

Barn bit Maggie on two nights in a row, before the night he called her to the cemetery. Interesting that the bite marks are not aligned with Maggie's jugular vein. But I suppose Barn doesn't want to kill her--yet.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »
I've never quite understood about the dogs howling when a vampire is agitated.  Is it that they're sensing something we humans cannot?

I had the same question. I remember a friend telling me unpteen years ago that dogs will howl when somebody dies. I think that's just a myth, but it unnerved me at the time. One thing's for sure. The howling dogs and the spooky cemetary add plenty to the atmosphere.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 06:10:49 PM »
Other (non-human) animals do sense a lot of things humans don't.   Most of it we can attribute to more sensitive senses (sight, hearing, and smell), but sometimes more mysterious examples seem to occur.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 11:41:26 PM »
I thought that if Maggie needs a transfusion she should probably be in a hospital, but then,  I recalled that to get really excellent care everyone goes to Boston.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 12:56:07 AM »
I'd go to Boston too, to avoid that creepy Lang guy...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 08:59:34 AM »
Dr Weedard #2, he certainly has a better bedside manor than #1.. It is funny that Sam did not bring up the wounds on the neck. Will the Dr. remember Willies's wounds.

Maggie is at deaths door, but she has the false eye lashes on and her makeup is done so nicely. They didn't use the dark eye liner.

"They got to be left alone, They got to be left alone." We wouldn't want Barnabas to get any strange taste in the blood. No disinfectant.

I'm not quite sure how you go plunging down into shock?

Maggie won't take Joe's blood, either she wants to become a vampire. Or she thinks she is hurting Joe.

[spoiler] I wonder If Barnabas already has the plan to change Maggie into Josette? Barnabas probably likes biting Maggie better than Willie or the Cows. [/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate