Author Topic: Parallel Time 1970: The Aftermath  (Read 3399 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Parallel Time 1970: The Aftermath
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 07:54:07 PM »
MB-- Oh, they've definitely lied outright in voiceovers, but I didn't make notes at the time.   When it happened, I took notice.    They stated flat-out that this or that thing had happened, when I knew it really hadn't.    I'll jot it down next time it happens.

I prefer Barnabas falling from the height of one story up into the fileld.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 05:32:14 AM »
Oh, they've definitely lied outright in voiceovers

Well, I'll definitely be looking forward to you posting some examples because honestly none are coming to me off of the top of my head.  :)

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 05:14:14 PM »
Quentin told Elizabeth about Roxanne ,but neither one of them knew who she was or told anyone else about it .
Maybe Big Finish will do a Return to PT story , they have Quentin , Maggie , Angelique and Willie to reprise their old parts .

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 05:58:19 PM »
I've been thinking about the idea that somehow the PT room, or whatever caused the phenomenon of the room, actually caused the retroactive springing-into-life of PT itself.    Maybe there's some remarkable object of some kind, disguised as a knick-knack (?), in the room... it would have to be something that's also in the empty RT room... in a cupboard, possibly.
It's made of some special material or... insert clever history for item, here.

I'm thinking the object is so powerful it can bend time and space on a Big Bang scale, almost, and after someone placed it in this room, another reality was created emanating from the room.    If you removed the object to a different room, perhaps that becomes the Room.   The guest bathroom, say. 

Make it stop whatever it's doing for long enough, then "re-activate" it, in the Room, or A room, and possibly it starts generating a completely different PT, and the last PT existence doesn't exist, and never did.   The object alters space and time, so it can retroactively reshape reality.

I'm not imagining an SF-like "device", but a supernatural object.     Maybe someone dug too deep in an archaeological dig, and came upon a substance at such a deep layer that it was some substance fundamental to the world's existence, and the universe's?     Then someone was crazy enough to fashion it into a knick-knack, then a Collins bought it.    And stuck it in that room, and forgot about it.

Somehow, it doesn't alter RT I guess, except by splitting its reality into two, so that's an effect, I guess.    Too far-fetched that RT is safe?

I think it's a nice aspect of this story that the lives of all these people in PT are hanging by such a thread, and can be snuffed out retroactively any moment.    
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 06:04:03 PM »
I'm thinking the object is so powerful it can bend time and space on a Big Bang scale, almost, and after someone placed it in this room, another reality was created emanating from the room.    If you removed the object to a different room, perhaps that becomes the Room.   The guest bathroom, say. 

Well, that's totally impossible.  Everyone knows there are no bathrooms in Collinwood.

Gerard

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2007, 11:12:38 PM »
In the Robservations that are being posted now, there is an upcoming episode voiceover that clearly states a character (Julia) will soon die.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 12:18:39 AM »
I'd like to see Jennifer Evans arrive at Collinwood so we can finally see who she is parallel to. Vicki? Megan? Laura? Olivia? Daphne? Hallie? Mrs. Johnson?
Fade Away and Radiate