Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0025  (Read 1331 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0025
« on: July 30, 2011, 06:23:23 PM »

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0025
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 09:26:41 PM »
Episode 25, aka The Purloined Letter

Not a lot happens until the very end. In the Robervations we get a nice close-up of Vicki's charm bracelet, [spoiler]which will almost cost her her life[/spoiler].

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 09:33:47 PM »
Though the attention in the capture is supposed to on the bleeder valve, not the bracelet.  [ghost_wink]  We can tell where your priorities lie.  [ghost_grin]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:00:11 PM »
Turns out VW was paying attention to David's suspicious remarks.  Collinsport Fly strikes, causing ECS's right eye to flinch several times.   I thought it was a 21st century real fly at first.  Roger says hocus-pocus when I think he means mumbo-jumbo.   I wrote down the history lesson, intend to Google.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 10:08:31 PM »
Though the attention in the capture is supposed to on the bleeder valve, not the bracelet.  [ghost_wink]  We can tell where your priorities lie.  [ghost_grin]

Honestly, I never noticed it before, but I'm sure Vicki has been wearing it the whole time. I'm trying my best, but I can't really get into the whole Bleeder Valve Affair. At least Vicki is on to David.

Go, Collinsport Flies!  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 06:46:30 PM »
Loved how Liz TOLD Roger to come up with a believable story to satisfy Vicky’s curiosity or else. Heh.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 08:34:15 PM »
The Desk in Vickie's room is clearly deeply scarred.  Did David do this on a rampage prior to Vickie's arrival?  It makes one wonder where they got the furniture S t. Vincent de Paul?
Elizabeth really wants to hide the real reason Vickie is at Collinwood.
Vickie finds the bleeder valve.  David is smart enough to do the crime, but not smart enough to throw it off Widows Hill?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 10:40:37 PM »
The little brat is only nine years old. He might have removed the bleeder valve, but I'll bet that afterward he was absolutely petrified and probably raced back to his own room ASAP. He even might not have realized he was still clutching the bleeder valve till he got there.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 01:03:26 PM »
Loved how Liz TOLD Roger to come up with a believable story to satisfy Vicky’s curiosity or else. Heh.
Good old Collins imperiousness.  But Roger came up with quite a smooth little story.

When Vicky said, "David!" as she realized the precious letter had been taken from her drawer, that was, I think, the first time that I felt her as a real person.  Maybe it was because her voice wasn't as high as usual.

The Desk in Vickie's room is clearly deeply scarred.
I didn't see that at all.  I need a bigger TV.  Movie screen size.  But where would I put it?  Meanwhile, all I thought as the closing credits rolled over Vicky's room was, "That's a nice room."  Oh, and I keep wondering if the chair at Vicky's desk is the same one that is used in the drawing room, but I never can remember the embroidery on it long enough to check the one against the other.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 03:32:40 PM »
It's a whole new world watching on a larger screen.  The chair in Vickie.s room will at some point appear in the drawing room along with another desk that seems to replace the constantly moving grand piano.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 04:45:07 PM »
The chair in Vickie.s room will at some point appear in the drawing room along with another desk

Elizabeth's little writing desk (I always think of it as hers)  is one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the drawing-room set.