Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0433  (Read 1188 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0433
« on: November 21, 2007, 07:14:08 PM »

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0433
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 10:23:37 PM »
Nathan Forbes, what a traitor!  [hall2_angry]

Trask is able to deceive the court without any discomfort from his conscience. Where he started this entire witch hunt believing that what he was doing was right, now he'll stop at nothing to make certain vicki is condemned of witchcraft and punished for it.

Nathan's dishonesty is not only effecting Vicki, but he's also making Barnabas out to be manipulative where his and Barnabas's friendship was concerned.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 10:27:47 AM »
If Vicky is convicted, then she now has solid grounds for an appeal.  Aside from numerous other irregularities, Trask should never have been allowed to call her to the witness stand.

And also aside from the irregularities, I like Leslie Barrett as the judge.  He acts like a proper, stereotypical judge, even if I don't like the judge's decisions.

Trask and Forbes are parallel characters to a greater extent than I used to think.  Both of them start out in 1795 as not such bad characters.  Forbes was a womanizer, but he did try to warn Vicky that she was in more trouble than she knew.  Trask was a self-righteous, self-appointed witchhunter, but he honestly believed that Vicky was a witch.  Now Trask is deliberately arranging for false testimony in court, and Forbes is deliberately giving that false testimony.  I understand why Forbes is doing what he's doing: his future in the Navy isn't looking too good at the moment.  But Trask has tons of evidence against Vicky, so why does he feel he must resort to lies?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 10:17:14 AM »
I hate Forbes and Trask in this episode! [vryangg] I wanted to yell at Forbes and slap him for lying on the stand, after he had already told Peter and Vicki that he would testify for them. Trask will resort to anything to get what he wants. If you ask me, Trask is the one who is in league with the devil! [devil]

Even though I didn't like what Forbes did in this episode, I thought he looked particularly handsome! [luv] I'm glad that Joel Crothers got to play a "bad" guy. As was mentioned before, it's too bad that Alexandra Moltke didn't get that chance. [signblah05]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 05:22:59 AM »
Roger Davis really seemed to be having trouble remembering his lines in this episode - much more than is usually the case with him.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 02:28:45 PM »
Nathan Forbes, what a traitor!  [hall2_angry]

Trask is able to deceive the court without any discomfort from his conscience. Where he started this entire witch hunt believing that what he was doing was right, now he'll stop at nothing to make certain vicki is condemned of witchcraft and punished for it.

Nathan's dishonesty is not only effecting Vicki, but he's also making Barnabas out to be manipulative where his and Barnabas's friendship was concerned.

I agree, Nathan was betraying both Vicki AND Barnabas at the same time. I wondered if Nathan would have dared lied about Barnabas arm-twisting him into helping Vicki if Barnabas had been available to testify on Vicki's behalf. Maybe Trask
wouldn't have been able to coerce Nathan into lying against Vicki. But then again, who knows?

I agree that after this episode, and throughout the rest of the trial, Trask appears to be the one plotting with Satan, not Vicki. A man of God does NOT stoop so low as to blackmail and perjury.