Author Topic: Question  (Read 1477 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Question
« on: September 19, 2006, 03:48:17 PM »
I've just noticed that my post about the Star Trek DVD's can't be replied to.  Any reason for that?  Just curious...;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 04:52:48 PM »
I've just noticed that my post about the Star Trek DVD's can't be replied to. Any reason for that? Just curious...;)

Yes, I noticed that as well, Buzz. And I was going to reply too.  ;D
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 05:22:27 PM »
can't be replied to.  Any reason for that?

Yes, it's locked.

Star Trek is a contemporary of DS and news about its release on DVD may be of interest to some fans here.  But any discussion about it would be appropriate for an ST board.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 07:11:29 PM »
WOW you moderators are on the ball!!!  Quick too.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 04:11:04 AM »
can't be replied to.  Any reason for that?

Yes, it's locked.

Star Trek is a contemporary of DS and news about its release on DVD may be of interest to some fans here.  But any discussion about it would be appropriate for an ST board.

I see what you're saying, and I'm not disagreeing.  But, there are many posts on here that are off topic, ones talking about sales at Best Buy, other TV shows etc...  Why aren't those locked as well?  It seems strange to me that that one is locked, and all the others are not.  Just my two cents...;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 04:39:11 AM »
Well, unfortunately, locking a topic isn't an exact science and it's also not a decision that's always reached easily. Most often than not, OT topics are cleared if they somehow relate to a DS actor, they directly relate in some way to something special in the topic starter's life, or they at least relate in some way to the horror genre of which DS is itself a part. For example, the topic about the Best Buy sale highlighted horror films which might have been of interest to DS fans, the topic about the passing of Robert Earl Jones is connected to Grayson Hall as he played her butler on OLTL, and the topic about the Golden Girls book in part highlights that the topic starter was interviewed in the book. (Truthfully, if it hadn't been for that personal connection in the GG topic, it wouldn't have been locked, it would have been pulled from the board outright because it would have had no relationship to DS at all, not even tangentially. Hundreds of such topics have been pulled over the years, most often before most members were even aware that they had ever been posted.) As Midnite pointed out, the original Star Trek series is a contemporary of DS, so several DS fans might be interested in the info shared, and so that's why it was left on the board - however, any further discussion of the shared info was better suited for an ST forum.

I hope that explains the situation a little better.  :)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 03:46:47 PM »
Well, unfortunately, locking a topic isn't an exact science and it's also not a decision that's always reached easily. Most often than not, OT topics are cleared if they somehow relate to a DS actor, they directly relate in some way to something special in the topic starter's life, or they at least relate in some way to the horror genre of which DS is itself a part. For example, the topic about the Best Buy sale highlighted horror films which might have been of interest to DS fans, the topic about the passing of Robert Earl Jones is connected to Grayson Hall as he played her butler on OLTL, and the topic about the Golden Girls book in part highlights that the topic starter was interviewed in the book. (Truthfully, if it hadn't been for that personal connection in the GG topic, it wouldn't have been locked, it would have been pulled from the board outright because it would have had no relationship to DS at all, not even tangentially. Hundreds of such topics have been pulled over the years, most often before most members were even aware that they had ever been posted.) As Midnite pointed out, the original Star Trek series is a contemporary of DS, so several DS fans might be interested in the info shared, and so that's why it was left on the board - however, any further discussion of the shared info was better suited for an ST forum.  I hope that explains the situation a little better.  :)

Yeah, it does.  I hadn't made those connections.  Thanks!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"