Author Topic: Garth Blackwood: DS' Neanderthal Man?  (Read 2628 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re:Garth Blackwood: DS' Neanderthal Man?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2003, 05:41:40 AM »

LOL!  Ours was Sr. Mary Esther.  She, too, use to babysit God.  Str (that's the way it's pronounced - str) was about five feet tall and five feet wide, and when she walked, you couldn't see her feet - she just glided along the floor.  And could she pack a mean ruler!  But we learned from her (we're talking compound fractions; memorizing entire sections of the US Constitution; knowing the capitals of all 50 states, as well as the entire list of presidents up to LBJ [who was the prez back then], and all that in elementary school).  I discovered just a coupla months ago, that Str Mary Esther IS SITLL ALIVE.  She is over 100, well over, and crochets in happy retirement.

Gerard

mine was Sister Everista and i don't want to know if she is alive!
she tried to staple a boy's lips together :o
You did learn!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re:Garth Blackwood: DS' Neanderthal Man?
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2003, 04:12:14 PM »
Before I got my new PC, I had a short sound-bite of Garth Blackwood's chain striking a floor that I kept with all my DS sounds and pictures.  Too bad I can't remember what site I got this from.  If anyone knows I would really appreciate it.  I had a lot of cool DS sounds like Barnabas screaming for 'Willie' and Joan Bennett saying that Elizabeth was Vicki's mother and lots more interesting things. 
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf