Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0373  (Read 736 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0373
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:44:02 AM »
Robservations - #373

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0373

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »
LP is certainly very adept at handling many difficult props. We get to see Angelique's cruelty and selfishness. She has absolutely no idea of what love really means.

Welcome, Millicent Collins! Poor Jeremiah seems trapped by Joshua's matchmaking episodes.

The lock of hair that Ben brings to Angelique seems a lot longer that Jeremiah's actual hair!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 04:20:32 PM »
Forgot to express my admiration of Jeremiah's resplendent apricot silk dressing gown with deep collar and cuffs of brown velvet. And I love love love Millicent's blue top hat!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 01:37:33 AM »
I'm so glad you talk about the clothes DL, I never know what specific color to call things or what they are properly referred to as. If AG had any lines during the opening bedroom scene I wouldn't've noticed as I was mesmerized by his nightgown and dressing gown. Can you imagine M. Ryan in that getup? LOL! All that was missing was a Santa-style nightcap and lit candle in a hand-held candleholder.

Ben & Ange: More acting perfection from TD. Ange explains the benefits and duties of being her slave and asks Ben if he understands. He shakes his head, no. How genius is that? Not the standard zombie-ish "Yes master" answer one might expect. Next comes my favorite comic moment in the episode. A beaming Ben brings Ange an unbroken spider web from an oak tree as requested and when Ange says it will be a dress, Ben salaciously states that he'd like to see her walking around in it. LOL. I don't know but in my mind I am thinking Ben would like to see her walking around in a see-through gown. You must wonder if David is writing his own character quips because they take the character to another level. I mean, I'm wondering if the lure of sex with Angelique is more the reason Ben is in her thrall than the actual spell. After Ange reveals her long-range (evil) plans, Ben protests, refusing to be any part of it and Ange reveals that she is a witch by muting him by just raising her hand to his face. We see that Ben is no wimp and more than likely will become a thorn in her side, if not, a reluctant slave at best.

Joshua & Jeremiah -- Fun, telling scenes. Cute display of family dynamics throughout the episode providing many great zingers, lol- not terribly well acted, but very engaging nonetheless; Millicent, Joshua, & Jeremiah -- More cuteness and Nancy as per usual does not disappoint, but ultimately a lackluster intro for Ms Barrett and that's too bad. Enter, Vicki, and her stock reaction to a new character; Vicki & Jeremiah -- I'm liking the interplay between the characters - well, it makes me like Jeremiah - but wasted emotion really, knowing that Ange is going to make Jeremiah fall for Josette. Re: Vicki - Don't you think she should be blaming her carriage accident for her reckless musings about the future? Obviously the writers have something planned that makes it necessary for Vicki to be so stupid, but I still have to roll my eyes and sigh when she recklessly opens her mouth time & time again, and then offers a lame reason, time & time again. Vicki is on my list of favorite characters so it is always very disheartening for me. Joshua tells Vicki she shouldn't expect to have any more free time with Daniel's arrival. I wonder if he is trying to thwart what he perceives to be a budding attraction between Vicki & Jeremiah or if he is simply reminding her of her station. One has to wonder if the smirk on Edmond's face in his closing scene with George is partly the result of witnessing a fly walking into George's nose, lol.

More Ben & Ange: Ben enters Angelique's room with Jeremiah's nightly toddy in a goblet on a tray. Ange is wearing Josette's Parisian haute couture hat -- "How do you like my new hat, Ben?" Ben: "It don't match the rest of ya." -- my second favorite line in this ep. lol, LOVE IT! Ange vows to improve her station and win Barn's love & devotion, hence Ben's reason for being there. She spikes Jeremiah's toddy and my favorite line of this episode is uttered, once again by Ben, worried that J might taste the difference: "He's awfully particular about his toddies." (I was on the floor!) This will put J in a deep sleep so Ben can take his ring and a lock of hair for Ange's love spell for Jeremiah & Josette. The interplay between Ben & Ange is so riveting in a fun sort of way to me. Even though he knows it's pointless he still challenges her every order and is so blunt with her. Ange casts her first spell. This is one busy witch -- voodoo, potions, spells, and out-and-out witchcraft. What a fascinating character.

That fireplace in Ange's room is sure spewing out a lot of soot!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 06:56:18 PM »
One of Ben's (many) fine and unsuspected qualities is that Angelique may have enslaved his body, but she will never, ever enslave his spirit.

And I do love the costumes in this story line!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 11:32:09 PM »
I don't particularly care for the childish voice Nancy Barrett is using for Millicent. It sounds like the voice she used in the seance to pretend to be Sarah. The words and actions of the character reveal that she is a sheltered simple person.
Vickie thinks she is there to change things. but she doesnt realize that just her presence there has changed things. It would have been nice to have her realize this and think that perhaps she had already altered everything so that is why the history is unlike what had been before she entered the past.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 02:03:53 AM »
I keep forgetting to post this capture of Joshua and Jeremiah. The expressions on their faces (especially on Jeremiah's) seem to perfectly capture their relationship:

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »
Nice one, MB, thanks!