Author Topic: MY DS DAY! (Very cool but slightly strange) ;)  (Read 720 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
MY DS DAY! (Very cool but slightly strange) ;)
« on: July 28, 2008, 01:03:23 PM »
The other morning I was on my way to visit the Dr. for my regular monthly checkup and I grabbed a Cyndi Lauper CD to listen to before leaving.  I got into the car and started it and then DS came to mind.  I thought "I have plenty of time to make it I am gonna run in a get DS ORIGINAL MUSIC VOLUME 1."  So I did just that.  I was kind of feeling depressed that day which is mostly brought on by a back injury I have--not to whine--just to let you know my state of mind at times.  I figured DS music would lift my spirits especially "I'll Be With You Always".  I hope I am not rambling too much.  Anyway as I traveled down the road I spot a  tractor trailer in front of me and  it said "HOFFMAN INDUSTRIES" and I was like "Okay that was coo and kind of weird at the same time"  Nevertheless it brought a huge smile to my face.  But it didn't end there.  After I got out of the Dr's office on the way back on home I noticed on one of the exit sign's it said "TODD'S ANTIQUE SHOP" next exit.  I KID YOU NOT!!  I was tempted to stop but I didn't really have time.  And I wasn't for sure if I wanted to stop to tell ya the truth.  I am seeing all this as my music just plays on and on.  Then as I was getting closer to home I noticed a street sign "Collins Drive".  Now I have driven down these roads many times and I have never noticed these places.  The truck was a random thing I will never see again.  However, I am terribly tempted to visit the Todd's Antique shop and slightly scared at the same time!

I just wanted to share this with you guys.  It seemed like Grayson or some of our DS pals who have passed on into the ether maybe was saying, "Hey kid, life isn't so bad!!  Keep your chin up and keep pressing on no matter how hard it gets" 

I hope I don't come off sounding like a nut, but I thought you guys may enjoy this.  And I thought it may bring a smile to someone else who, like me, is going through a difficult time.  Any stories like mine happend to you guys before??
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: MY DS DAY! (Very cool but slightly strange) ;)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 01:31:30 PM »
I hear you. Many, many times I play my DS music on the way to work.  I don't know what comes over me to do this but when I'm traveling down some of the back, little traveled roads on the way to work, I'll play the DS movies CD.  I'll replay track 2 & 3 several times.  I love the haunting sounds (pun intended!). The music does give me a lift.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: MY DS DAY! (Very cool but slightly strange) ;)
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 10:15:43 PM »
I love this story.   [ghost_smiley]