Author Topic: Nancy Screengrabs I wanted to share! (Spoilerish)  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Screengrabs I wanted to share! (Spoilerish)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 11:05:52 PM »
Hi Taeylor, those photos of Nancy Barrett are sooo glamorous and also capture her vulnerable edge.  I loved it when she had her hair up in those 1966 shows. 

When Grayson was asked who the best actress on the show was, she said "Nancy Barrett.  Really."  Grayson was particularly impressed by Nancy's flair with the Pansity Cockney accent.  I bet other people on the show were as well, which is why Letitia showed up in 1840.

I met Nancy a couple of times at Festivals in the past decade or so.  One memorable time was at this Manhattan club, Don't tell Mama, where she was doing her cabaret act.  She was extremely gracious but a bit shy, I thought.  I seem to recall that it was there that we were talking about Joan Bennett and she recalled how Joan would look at her suddenly with sheer terror in her eyes because she did not know what she was supposed to say or do next.  Obviously, Joan had nerves of steel because even though I remember the occasional flub, I never saw Joan be anything less than regal, poised, and perfect on camera, and of course, the same goes double for Nancy.

There was a page on the late Craig Hamrick's website 3 or 4 years ago about Nancy (and perhaps Marie as well) doing a performance at a home for retirees.  It was a really nice item.  I haven't kept up with what happened to Craig's site.  Perhaps his partner has been maintaining it.

Best, G.