Author Topic: If Alexandra hadn't left the series  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Shadowsfan

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: If Alexandra hadn't left the series
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2004, 03:43:23 AM »
It might have been interesting had Alexandra stayed on with the series that when they went into the 1897 time period she could have been  Beth , that would have been a nice pairing of Alexandra and David Selby or most likely would have been Rachel Drummond if Dan had his way ;D

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 04:01:57 AM »
If AM hadn't left the show, she'd have taken a role away from some other actress in every different story line.  Would KLS have had less to do?  Perhaps Terry Crawford or Kate Jackson might never have been hired at all.

But the real issue is that AM grew tired of playing the simpering idiot Vikki had become.....and DC wasn't going to do anything about that.  In my opinion, she really had no choice but to leave.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2004, 08:47:40 AM »
In my opinion, she really had no choice but to leave.

Well of course she had to leave.  What's she gonna do?  Give birth in the drawing room??  (I can just see it now - her water breaking in the foyer while she and Barnabas are fretting over something)  Anyway, she got pregnant none too soon.  She really looked like if she had to kiss Roger Davis one more time she was going to vomit.

Perhaps Terry Crawford or Kate Jackson might never have been hired at all.

Yeah, maybe.  Seems like Kate Jackson was an attempt at replacing Vicki.  Good job too IMHO.  I really like Kate Jackson.
Well, I really liked Alexandra too.  And they were both so beautiful on the show.

;D
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 03:39:53 AM »
The show definitely lost a special and important piece of the show when Alexandra left. The show was still just as good after Vicki was gone, but still it was never quite the same without her.

If Alexandra had stayed on it would have been interesting to see her pair up with David Selby....the ultimate "good" girl of 1966 with the ultimate "bad boy" of the Collins generation of 1897.  It would be a match made in......oh geez, I really don't know! [hall2_grin]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 03:58:55 AM »
I think AM may just have taken parts away from some other actress just like someone else mentioned. And I'm not sure that DC would've cast her in any other role, even if the show still had've traveled back into the past like it did. Vicki either would have traveled back, or been largely absent. Maybe she could've come in halfway like Julia did in 1897 and 1840 or something. What would have been really good is if she had've made it all the way to 1840, then she could've been possessed by Judah and gotten to play a bad girl, but I don't think she would've made it that long.

I agree that all she could do was leave. But I do wish she would pop up a fests every once in a while, along with Kate Jackson. Charlie's Angels my butt! DS all the way! [female_skull]
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran