Author Topic: How Did Angelique Get Her Powers?  (Read 6166 times)

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Re:How Did Angelique Get Her Powers?
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2003, 05:53:34 PM »
And all this time it was all right there in KLS's DS almanac. She described Miranda as a member of Judah's Z's coven who later changed her name to Angelique. I guess in this case, Kate was right. Now we know how Ange got her powers too. Puzzle solved. Case closed. No? :)

Yes, this (plus the dialogue from Monday's episode quoted by Vlad) convinces me too.  However, I still maintain that it's completely revisionist, given what was said about her before, which it directly contradicts.

I guess that when you're watching anything prior to the 1840 storyline, Angelique is a woman who was born in 1774 and became a witch on the island of Martinique.  The Miranda/Angelique story is the truth for the character we meet in 1840.  Like I said before, maybe 1840 is some kind of parallel time.  >:D
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2003, 07:48:17 PM »
And all this time it was all right there in KLS's DS almanac. ... Now we know how Ange got her powers too. Puzzle solved. Case closed. No? :)

Would that were true. But, sadly, the PomPress books are riddled with "facts" that are sometimes nothing more than misrepresentations, if not outright errors. The books are not the definitive sources that they should be, unfortunately.  ::)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2003, 01:38:28 AM »
In Angelique's Descent, there is a scene where Angelique is travelling through Collinsport for the first time and she thinks to herself that this land seems familiar for some reason, but she can't remember.  LP seems to briefly bring up the past life as Miranda here.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2003, 07:00:48 AM »
And all this time it was all right there in KLS's DS almanac. She described Miranda as a member of Judah's Z's coven who later changed her name to Angelique.

It's worth noting that the excellent, accurate, and exhaustive DS FAQ states this also.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2003, 05:34:18 PM »
And all this time it was all right there in KLS's DS almanac. She described Miranda as a member of Judah's Z's coven who later changed her name to Angelique.

It's worth noting that the excellent, accurate, and exhaustive DS FAQ states this also.

And it's also worth noting that some of the FAQ's info came from the PomPress books.  ^-^

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2003, 06:01:59 AM »

I hadn't noticed that.  Was any of that information inaccurate?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2003, 07:04:52 PM »
I hadn't noticed that.  Was any of that information inaccurate?

I hadn't actually looked at the FAQ since about 1996. But a quick glance over the first section did show that some inaccuracies have been corrected. However, at least one remains - the notion that Tom and Chris Jennings are twins, which can be directly traced to the PomPress books, and which, as has been discussed extensively (some might say ad nauseam [wink2]) on this forum, there is no direct evidence of on the show.

Unfortunately, I don't really have the time to check the other sections to see how much they may have been updated...

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2003, 01:57:07 AM »
Thanks, MB.

I'm very surprised that the FAQ would have said that Tom and Chris Jennings were twins (which, as you say, we've discussed -- it's never even suggested on the show, yet vast numbers of fans believe it to be the case ...  ::) )

I've never read the FAQ thoroughly -- never printed it out -- but the sections I've read showed an impressive combination of no-nonense factual information, detailed observation, and eruditeness.