Author Topic: Nancy Barrett/Fest Question  (Read 561 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Nancy Barrett/Fest Question
« on: November 09, 2016, 04:54:57 AM »
I've never really heard people mentioning Nancy B. at various fests. Perhaps I just didn't notice.

Is she a 'regular' at most fests? Just off the top of my head, I'd list L. Parker, KL Scott, J. Karlen, Peter Bradford (OMG, I really can't think of his name!), C. Pennock (sometimes, not always), usually D. Selby.

Hmm...did D. Nickerson attend any of the 50th anniversary fest(s)? How about Sharon Smyth?

And, since there's:

OS
HoDS
NoDS
'90 reboot
'04 pilot
'12 movie

Are any and all DS actors from any of the above mentioned invited/allowed? (don't know if I phrased that properly....)

Also, have there been times when children/grandchildren of the OS actors (who had passed on) ever attended with tales of family times (say, Joan Bennett's granddaughter; if she were around, would she have 'carte blanche' to attend (btw, I have no idea if J. B. has/had a granddaughter).

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Barrett/Fest Question
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 05:09:22 AM »
Roger Davis
What a Woman!

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 05:23:47 AM »
I wouldn't say that Nancy is a regular attendee but she has been to several over the last few years. In addition to those that you mentioned, Marie Wallace almost always attends. Donna Wandrey, Jerry Lacy and James Storm have been to a lot too. Kathleen Cody has been to a couple. Donna McKechnie still works pretty regularly, so she hasn't been to a festival in some time.
Sharon Smyth attends almost all of the East Coast events. She was at the 50th. Denise Nickerson was not. She hasn't been at a DS event in many years.
Festival guests are almost always from the original series. They did invite some of the NBC cast in the early 1990's (Barbara Steele, Adrian Paul, Roy Thinnes, Jim Fyfe, Barbara Blackburn, Lysette Anthony, Michael Cavanaugh, Veronica Lauren, Juliana McCarthy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt) but not in years. Fyfe and Joanne Dorian attended a smaller, non festival event last year.
As far as family goes, there's been a few. Matthew Hall, Sam and Grayson's son, was at the 1989 festival. One of Joan Bennett's daughters (Diana) attended a California festival about 10 years ago to promote a biography on the Bennett family. Jonathan Frid's nephew Don was in Tarrytown this summer.
I think that's everyone.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 05:26:43 AM »
Almost forgot that Lara Parker's daughter Caitlin attended the festivals for many years. One year, she appeared in the costume gala. The next year, she appeared in several of the skits.
Fade Away and Radiate