Author Topic: New Credits for Their Resumes  (Read 772 times)

Offline markyboo

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
New Credits for Their Resumes
« on: December 05, 2007, 08:11:33 PM »
If DARK SHADOWS had remained on the air, no doubt the DS cast would have been given more opportunities to play different characters - I'm sure the writers would have devised additional storylines set in the past, on parallel worlds & maybe even in the future.

What kind of characters would you all like to have seen the members of the DS repertory company play? I, for one, would have loved to have seen Joan Bennett play a more mature version of the femme fatales she used to appear as in some of Fritz Lang's films from the 1940's. I think Ms. Bennett would have made a marvelous witch on the series - I can just picture her casting spells.

Louis Edmonds & Grayson Hall as a married couple. They would be like something out of a Noel Coward play! Maybe they could be Nick & Nora Charles types investigating supernatural matters.

If Dr. Julia Hoffman had made a trip through time on her own, I would loved to have seen her encounter Jonathan Frid in the role of a private detective (a la Sherlock Holmes) investigating a crime. Thayer David, of course would have to play a character similar to Watson. I can just picture Julia falling in love with this brilliant gentleman who resembles her beloved Barnabas & then being cruelly snatched away from him to return  her to the present.

It would have been a pleasure to see David Selby play any kind of role after all those variations of Quentin Collins he did on the series. Maybe a cynical reporter who has gotten wind of all sorts of strange & bizarre incidents happening in the village of Collinsport, Maine?

I always thought Chris Pennock would have made a helluva vampire or werewolf - and made 'em very savage & bloodthirsty!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: New Credits for Their Resumes
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 10:20:43 AM »
Louis Edmonds & Grayson Hall as a married couple. They would be like something out of a Noel Coward play! Maybe they could be Nick & Nora Charles types investigating supernatural matters.
I'd love to see that!  With the Hall dog, Thing, playing Asta.

I would like to have seen Charles Delaware Troll's parallel time 1897 acted out.  He dreamed up some nice new roles for familiar faces.

There were a lot of actors in the beginning of the series who left before the actors started playing multiple roles.  Frank Schofield, Hugh Franklin, Conard Fowkes, Robert Gerringer, Peter Turgeon, Dana Elcar and Mitchell Ryan.  And Conrad Bain came back briefly, but in his original character.  I'd like to see Robert Gerringer and Conard Fowkes paired as heartless con men preying on the innocent Collinses.  I think Conrad Bain and Peter Turgeon look sort of alike, so I'll cast them as Heavenly Twins - or Hellish Twins.  I've no idea what that would involve.  I keep thinking of the twins in The Truman Show.  I'll put together Frank Schofield, Hugh Franklin, and whoever the guy was who played James Blair, as the Widowers haunting parellel time Widowers Hill.  Maybe they'll be a bit more aggressive than the Widows were about inducting people into their club.  Mitchell Ryan could play Master of Collinwood, lazy and effete, in some other parallel time, with Louis Edmonds as his overly - in fact oddly - devoted valet.  And Dana Elcar?  Gosh, I don't know.  The town drunk, maybe.  Which reminds me, we need something for Bob the Bartender.  A Trask-like character, perhaps, while Jerry Lacy...I've run out of ideas.  Something decadent, anyway.