Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0379  (Read 983 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0379
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:39:58 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0379
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 11:28:43 AM »
We have arrived at a point at which talking would have helped. The Countess should have gone to Jeremiah and said to him: "Get out.  I don't know why you want to leave, but get out now!"  Granted, the Countess thinks she's taken care of the problem by arranging for Barnabas and Josette to get married tomorrow, but after all the doom and gloom she's seen in the Tarot cards, she should make double sure.

And Vicky should ask the Countess straight out: "Do you think I'm a witch?"  I don't know what it would accomplish.  Probably nothing.  But rumors are flying about Vicky, and she shouldn't hide her head in the sand.  Incidentally, what's this about Vicky's birthday being March 4th?   I've been watching the pre-Barnabas episodes, and at one point she sadly tells somebody or other that she doesn't know when her birthday is.  The March 4th date came out too easily for it to have been a lie.

Physical details for Sunny_Collins?  Those patches. Naomi had a star under her eye - the left one, I believe. Natalie had a star near her chin. It wasn't stuck on very well, leading me to wonder if Naomi's patch had been recycled.  Josette had one, but I can't remember noticing anything particular about it.  The patches always strike me as ugly.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I hope that the patches worn in the eighteenth century looked better than these.

Bravo to Grayson Hall for maintaining the Countess's character in the middle of an awful coughing fit.  And bravo to the Vinnie Loscalzo, or whoever did her makeup, because it didn't streak when she wiped away the tear that came with the coughing.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 07:20:29 PM »
The Robservations screen captures for this episode have finally been added...

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 02:10:18 PM »
Bravo to Grayson Hall for maintaining the Countess's character in the middle of an awful coughing fit.  And bravo to the Vinnie Loscalzo, or whoever did her makeup, because it didn't streak when she wiped away the tear that came with the coughing.

I also thought that this was great.  The certainly move the camera fast.  Alto the fact AM just went on .  The show must go on.  Grayson was so great, such a difference from Julia. Also I wanted to say that , I  bet Julia would have wished that  Barnabas would have treated her as nicely as Barnabas treated Natalie.

I just wanted to way that I adore the set that they used for the study.  The lighting was fantastic. Just to think that this was a daily Soap Opera. I don't remember that the other ones where doing such fantastic things.  They were getting better and better film stock.

Why does Vickie Speak up in the past but she didn't really speak up in the future.  Didn't she know back then that a servent doesn't make her feelings known. At least with Angelique she knew how to stay in the back ground and not be suspected.  Angelique  knew that she could say what she wanted to Barnabas to some degree, just because he didn't want anyone to know about his affair with Angelique.  That is one reason why  no one suspected  Angelique.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 11:34:27 AM »
I agree, loril54. Angelique was very sly in that she stayed in the background and only spoke up to Barnabas and Ben. Vicki was being stupid by speaking up too much; she was so used to the way things were in 1967 that she wasn't adapting to the ways of the 18th Century.  [6184] Angelique came from that time, so she was used to acting that way. Plus, Angelique was pretty smart. Except, of course, in matters of the heart - using witchcraft to get what she wanted instead of accepting things as they were. Angelique was a spoiled brat who always wanted her way, with dire consequences. [witch]

I'm glad that Vicki tried to warn Natalie by changing the tarot cards. [bigok] Too bad it didn't work - it only brought more suspicion to her, making it seem more like she was the witch. [sadg]

I agree, also, that Grayson Hall did a fabulous job handling that coughing fit she had, and staying in character. She really carried that off well under difficult circumstances. [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 05:23:41 AM »
It was quite funny when the countess impersonated Joshua.

I want to give Vicki a bit of credit for not falling for the trick the countess set up for her, by saying her birth year incorrectly.

It was also rather clever of Vicki to arrange the cards to foretell the future.

Spoiler:

Even if Josette and Barnabas were successfully married right away, Angelique would still have been able to work her magic to tear them apart. Marriage wasn't the answer at that time, discovering Angelique's true part in all of this might have been the only chance the Collins family had.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 04:47:24 AM »
Some of the rooms that we finally get to see in the Old House are so elaborate that the original entrance (especially the blase doors) and parlor look rather dingy by comparison.

Speaking of doors, aren't the carved doors of the later mansion parlor visible in the background when Vicky and the Countess are sitting by the fire?  Apparently, they built this set inside the Collinwood living room.