Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0902  (Read 1456 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0902
« on: December 10, 2009, 05:19:09 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0902
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 06:19:25 AM »
If I were Carolyn I'd be thinking right now about a nice polite way to tell Megan that I no longer had time to help out in the antique shop.  Megan's been strange to Carolyn too many times lately.  But I suppose Carolyn figures she can't abandon Megan while the baby's still visiting.  And if you assume that Megan's story about baby Joseph is in any way true, it makes sense that Megan would be stressed out and not wanting to go into the details.  The story appears that Joseph's mother gave birth and then immediately dashed right out on an extended vacation (climbing Mount Everest, maybe?), leaving her newborn child with her stepsister.  If I heard that story, I'd start to imagine a violent case of postpartum depression landing Joseph's mother in Windcliff or a Tower room or some such place.

It was funny to see how David had squirreled his money away in various places. As far as I could tell, it added up to $5.  How much could you buy with $5 in 1969?

We got another enjoyable confrontation between Elizabeth and Paul.  It really made me want to see a flashback - a long, long flashback - of their courtship and marriage, although it would probably be pretty depressing to see Liz's disillusionment set in.  Maybe Barnabas could go back to the 1940s and make everything a little less painful, although no doubt a few dozen people would die unnecessarily in the process.  Oh, well, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 08:45:44 PM »
Dennis Patrick voiceover!   I'm not quite sure what the following sentences in my notes mean:   "Asthma ends when MT's asymmetry begins"  and "Oh that.  It's the radiator.  Monster spell... wauugh!"

Good babies don't cry?   David has twin lamps of a kind I can't name, but which don't belong on either side of a kid's bed... street lamps?   What woke him up?   Way to respect David's privacy, ECS, listening at the door...   Another thing in my notes I don't understand: "D- money fetish!"   Did Carolyn go to bed on the servants' floor?  Well, what are servants for, after all?

A phone call with heavy breathing convinces ECS that PS is no good?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 10:41:32 PM »
12-10-69

I love the way Marie W is painted.  The woman has a flawless complexion even to this day.  A mysterious stranger hanging outside of the antique store!  Who could this be?  [spoiler]Is that really David Selby playing the mystery man or a fill in?[/spoiler]  We all know how cheap DC is!  

I love David's lamps!  I am sure glad Aunt Elizabeth is learning to respect David's privacy as I remember being a 12 year old boy! HA!

Hmm…seems like a Collins would have a better savings than a measly $5.00!

Joan Bennett sounds like she is having sinus trouble!

Nice to hear Christmas mentioned as Phillip mentioned sending men to the moon recently.  At least we are hearing a little of the real world mixed into this fantastical one!  

The stranger's big ole hands look familiar!  [8_2_59]

I love watching JB and DP play these scenes as they play very nicely off of one another!  The tension is almost palpable!

As Magnus as pointed out The Leviathans all seem to have a horrible case of asthma, even the one who called Paul!  

Yay! We see the external Collinsport Inn! It looks very different.  I think they let the grounds keeper go!  It's nice to actually see some of the other parts of the town for a change so I won't complain much!
So why does The Leviathan Child only breath like he has COPD in his room?  Is he like incubating or something?  I am confused!

(edited by admin)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 08:37:30 PM »
David ... What woke him up?
Could it have been the thing upstairs?  I'm trying to figure out if the thing also turned off the lights one by one in the antique shop, or if we're supposed to conclude that some unseen Leviathan is taking care of business.  (I'm so confused.)

Way to respect David's privacy, ECS, listening at the door
You'd think Liz would have noticed that there was no school book (or for that matter, schoolwork) in sight for him to have supposedly been reading.

Did Carolyn go to bed on the servants' floor?  Well, what are servants for, after all?
Ha!  I'm pretty sure that the last thing we see her do is turn off the lights and head upstairs.

A phone call with heavy breathing convinces ECS that PS is no good?
I'm thinking she was already convinced of that, though she'd like to believe she's been wrong about him.  But finding out that somebody is hounding Paul makes it look like he brought trouble with him.  Another woman?  A detective on his trail?  A loanshark or his bookie?

A mysterious stranger hanging outside of the antique store!  Who could this be?  [spoiler]Is that really David Selby playing the mystery man or a fill in?[/spoiler] ...
The stranger's big ole hands look familiar!

I'm so sorry to disappoint, but the stranger is played this one time by Charles Rush.  We'll see Rush again, but his only other role worth noting is: [spoiler]as a guard who gets karate chopped by 1840 Quentin.[/spoiler]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 02:21:02 AM »
I too love the interaction between Joan and Dennis Patrick. It's very interesting seeing him portray frantic Paul, trying really desperately to convince Elizabeth to believe his story. Whereas he portrayed Jason as a twisted smoothie, trying to charm Elizabeth, then threaten her if she won't immediately let him have his way.

David has gotten deeper and deeper now into the Leviathan cause. But now Elizabeth has gotten suspicious. I'm sure he knows that something will have to be done about Aunt Liz to keep her off his back...