Author Topic: understanding Dan  (Read 987 times)

lily

understanding Dan
« on: February 04, 2002, 05:31:04 PM »
Originally posted by lily on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 04, 2002 at 11:31:04:

I have to say, after seeing todays episode for the 2nd time, I uderstand a "little" about Dan wanting to get Barnabas back to his original "bad self".
Possible spolier!

[spoiler]Of course, I love the changes he goes through,becoming human,sensitive, etc. But seeing this evil side is very intreging. The Leviathan evil is'nt as interisting as these early epiodes.[/spoiler]

Lily

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: understanding Dan
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2002, 12:19:15 AM »
Posted by Ben on February 04, 2002 at 18:19:15:
In Reply to: understanding Dan posted by lily on February 04, 2002 at 11:31:04:

[spoiler]The Leviathan evil is'nt as interisting as these early epiodes.[/spoiler]

I agree, Lily. [spoiler]The Leviathan evil was programmed into him when he was intercepted on his way back from 1795 to the present,[/spoiler]whereas his current evil streak seems to be the culmination of the never-ending tragedies, curses, and bitter disappointments in his own life (and death and thereafter). Perhaps that's why he is so motivated to take things out on Julia, the one person who really tried to help him -- and, like all the rest, failed him, at least as far as he was concerned.

Ben

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 07:15:01 AM »
I actually like the PROGRAMMED Barnabas!!  I tend to me in the minority always, but I enjoy my cozy spot there!! [ghost_wink]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 07:29:13 AM »
I'm not so cozy there myself, but it's home...

I thought this thread was going to be about Dan Curtis's mindset, intent, motivations, etc..  That's a good thread subject.

I'm glad now to see classic good, strong Barnabas appear from where he apparently coalesced at Wyndcliffe hiding from Vampelique, and don't want to think about his being overwritten by an alternate programmed-in personality in Leviathans.   That was well-acted, though.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:33:52 AM »
Yes JF did a hell of a job playing programmed Barney!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/